Cockpit Build from Play Seat F1

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

I-FOXY

Cockpit Build from Play Seat F1

Post by I-FOXY » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:59 pm

I see some nice example of gilder simulator cockpit using Play Seat items.

I would like to share my experience in the pictures attached.
Picture1.jpg
Picture2.jpg
Picture3.jpg
Compoment used:

-Play Seat F1 with come custom to support stick controller and airbrakes handle
    -Thrustmaster integrated controls (stick, rudder pedals and thrust handle to control air brakes)
    -21:9, 29" HD display
    -HP laptop 64 bit i7 core, 16 GB RAM, 150 GB SD, 250 GB HD, Nvidia GT card (from company recycling)
    -XCSoar integration via Bluetooth
      I made the first version of this in 2018 when I was stuck away for business.

I'm going study some new version, mostly for new rudder pedals (the Thrustmaster emulate the big aircrafts controls with sliding pads for rudder not hinged-rotating pedals like in the glider), and option for a larger screen of a VR HMD and of course a new computing platform.

Actually I enjoy this cockpit that really feels like a single seat glider.

Thanks to all of you and best regards.
      You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I-FOXY

Re: Cockpit Build from Play Seat F1

Post by I-FOXY » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:09 am

Of course any comment, recommendation and suggestion is more than welcome (even concerns ...).

Lorenzo.

Anaylagas

Re: Cockpit Build from Play Seat F1

Post by Anaylagas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Thanks I-FOXY for share this good work.
      With your idea, I have made also my glider seat. Really the F1 Playseat is like a real glider seat. Very comfortable for long flights.
      And following your advice, I have a rudder pedals with hinged rotation system.
      Here is attached some pictures.
      Best regards,
      Andrés
      You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.