Cockpit build and interfacing with Condor 2?

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

cloudbaseengineering

Cockpit build and interfacing with Condor 2?

Post by cloudbaseengineering » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 am

Hello All,

I plan to build a sit down sim cockpit to emulate a sailplane. I actually have a forward fuselage from an RS15 and once I get it working on an 8020 frame mockup may install it in the fuselage as well. Ultimate hope would be to also add that to a self designed 6 axis DOF gimbal but one thing at a time. My main question is taking either encoder inputs or potentiometer values and getting them to a port that can be read like an added joystick axis. Long ago there were simplified boards for this, but my guess it all can be done with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi. Can someone direct me to sites where I can buy boards to interface with each axis or control build? Also do need certain value pots or encoders?

I plan to also use an HTC Vive a friend is no longer using, but open to other headsets if there is a preferred brand. The joystick so far will be an Sidewinder FFB2 stick I have with a bit of an extension and the added resistors. Rudder pedals will be self designed on Pots or encoders. I am also looking into control loading for the rudder pedals and curious what my options are for that and if C2 will be able to send data to the motor drivers to stiffen up the rudders based on air loads. If this works then possibly dump the FFB2 stick and add it to the Pitch and roll as well. I cant afford the brunner stick.

Anyhow looking forward to the build and getting into Condor 2, I use to have C1 long ago and happy to get back into it.

Thank you,

Marc

wickid

Re: Cockpit build and interfacing with Condor 2?

Post by wickid » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:23 am

I have used this: https://www.poscope.com/product/pokeys57e/ in combination with magnetic angle sensors (5V) and various on/off contacts. The driver works with condor natively. It sees it like any other usb joystick.
PH-1504, KOE