Free Condor Instruments Problem!

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

k6chris

Free Condor Instruments Problem!

Post by k6chris » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:17 am

I am stuck! For some reason, I cannot get the previously working Free Condor Instruments (FCI) to work on our simulator. They start up as they should, but the instruments stay static once a Condor 2 flight has started. About one in 10 times they work. This problem has been going on for a few months now and so through various versions of C2. I have checked the UDP setttings in C2 and matching settings in the FCI config file (see below). I have reloaded FCI using the latest version (1.0.11.3). To make things more annoying, I have tried to set up the same problem on my home PC (same V of Windows 10, same config files) and it works perfectly! I am at a complete loss as to 1) what might be causing this and 2) what to look for next??

HELP!!!!

(Config file details)

C2
[General]
Enabled=1
[Connection]
Host=127.0.0.1
Port=55278
[Misc]
SendIntervalMs=20
ExtendedData=0
LogToFile=0

FCI
[Connection]
ListenPort=55278
; instruments failure timeout (ms)
Timeout=2000
; UDP forwarding
ForwardEnabled=0
ForwardHost=127.0.0.1
; ListenPort and ForwardPort MUST be different.
ForwardPort=55279

Bre901

Re: Free Condor Instruments Problem!

Post by Bre901 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:26 am

Different firewall settings maybe ?

Are you sure there is no other process listening to the UDP stream ?

Maybe you could experiment with another app reading the Condor UDP stream , like CoTASA, to determine if the problem is on the Condor side
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

k6chris

Re: Free Condor Instruments Problem!

Post by k6chris » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Quick update - no matter what I did with the Firewall, the C2 and FCI would not talk! In the end I did a complete reinstall on the PC, including Windows, C2, FCI and IR head tracking....and it all works! Long may it last. Thanks for the help.