My new glider specific rudder pedals, what do you think guys.

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

zbsksim

My new glider specific rudder pedals, what do you think guys.

Post by zbsksim » Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi pals. I want to share with you the first step of my glider sim rig project - rudder pedals. They are made with aluminium extrusion profiles to keep the price and weight as low as possible, 6 closed Ball bearings for super silky smooth operation with absolutly no any loose/play, and high quality hall effect sensor with leo Bodnar electronics to have best possible accuracy.
They have configurable ergonomics - angle,position, travel and spring load.
Of course they need still few more touches especially to Look better, but im already happy with how they fly.
I'm aming to make entire rig(pedals, joystick with buttons, flaps, airbrake, Gear, trimmer and seat with proper glider position and ergonomics and i belive i can do it with pretty decend quality for about 1k USD. What are your thougts guys? Below is the Pictures of my first prototypes of flaps and airbrake to replicate Pipistrel Taurus motorglider controlls for my uncle. Stay safe brothers. Greetings.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: My new glider specific rudder pedals, what do you think guys.

Post by EDB » Wed May 27, 2020 12:32 am

Looks great..!
8)

zbsksim

Post by zbsksim » Wed May 27, 2020 10:18 am

EDB wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:32 am
Looks great..!
8)
Thank you🙂

MGA

Post by MGA » Wed May 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Looks great. Look forward to seeing more details and photos. It gives food for thought to create a SimPit that is truly representative of an actual glider cockpit.

zbsksim

Post by zbsksim » Wed May 27, 2020 5:55 pm

MGA wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:36 pm
Looks great. Look forward to seeing more details and photos. It gives food for thought to create a SimPit that is truly representative of an actual glider cockpit.
Thanks a lot🙂
Here are some other pictures from very early stages of my work.
As you can see i prefer VR other than part of real glider and projectors aproach. What about you guys?

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed May 27, 2020 7:09 pm

NO VR..!

And I prefer spoilers, flaps and trim on the left side as in most gliders and fighter jets...

zbsksim

Post by zbsksim » Wed May 27, 2020 7:35 pm

EDB wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:09 pm
NO VR..!

And I prefer spoilers, flaps and trim on the left side as in most gliders and fighter jets...
EDB wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:09 pm

Of course me too, but this exact setup was for my uncle which fly pupistrel taurus and he always have all controls on his right hand. My project is going to be symetrical - right and left hand ready. Why dont you like VR? I thought its perfect for flight simulations as your head is free for looking up for clouds, airfield etc and the immersion level is outstanding.