Fly-Elise software

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

dingetje

Re: Fly-Elise software

Post by dingetje » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:32 pm

We have reasonable result now using this procedure:

- Align the 3 projectors to have no overlap
- Enable Nvidea Surround on the 3 projectors, effectively resulting in a single display in Windows
- Use 'Group' in Immersive Calibration Pro to group the 3 projectors
- Use camera based calibration
- Load the resulting calibration file in the Immersive Display Pro driver and enable both desktop and window warping
- Configure Condor to use the single display with the combined resolution (we have 3480x1024 now) and a FOV of ~90 degrees

This resulted in a flyable scene, albeit with large distortions in the exteme left and right:

An attempt today to use 3 screen setup failed miserably, the result was just not OK in Condor. This is what I did:
- Removed the Nvidea Surround again, resulting in 4 displays, 3 projectors and one display for instruments/config.
- Used the client/server setup in Immersive Calibration Pro and camera assisted calibrated each projector (1x1 instead of grouped 3x1)
- Modified the perspective projection because the standard calibration calibrates for the middle of the screen while in our sim the pilot is located near the lower 3rd of the screen
- While the resulting calibration looked OK (not perfect, but acceptable) in Immersive Calibration Pro, the result in Condor (of course Condor was now setup to use 3 screens with -70, 0 and +70 degrees) was worse than the single display setup. Granted with no distortion at the edges, but the horizon behavior while flying is much better with the single display calibration.

I got really strange results with Condor in full screen emulation or full screen (there were vertical bars between each projector view), the best result was with Condor using the Windowed setup. Sorry, not photos.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. From this thread I read at least two cockpit builders have succeeded setting up Condor with 3 projectors without blend and Fly-Elise software. While support from Fly-Elise is great, they have no experience with Condor.

Any help is appreciated.