New motion platform

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

ClubVueloUPM

New motion platform

Post by ClubVueloUPM » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Hello, due to a pc limitations, we're still using Condor V1.
We're doing a motion cockpit using X-sim and we have a problem because freecondor instruments and the x-sim use the same udp port.
Can we use both programs on the same pc?

Thanks in advance.

janjansen

Re: New motion platform

Post by janjansen » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 am

I think you should ask in the sim-x community if there is a way to forward the UDp data to another UDP client. If there isnt, you might be able to find some utilities that rebroadcast UDP. Maybe something like this: https://www.networkactiv.com/AUTAPF.html (havent looked in depth, it may not do what you need).

I have to wonder though, if its good move to invest in a motion platform rather than upgrading the PC, getting condor V2 and make use of its multiple monitor projection. I can see the point for sim racing where you experience lateral forces every turn and lots of "bumps", but for flight simulation where you mostly experience vertical gforces even when turning or rolling, it seems expensive, complicated and of limited use as no motion platform can properly simulate those g-forces.

ClubVueloUPM

Post by ClubVueloUPM » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Problem solved, Condor free instruments has the option to redirect the udp data to another port, so we simply set the 55277 port on the udp ini, and using the instruments default.ini redirect the traffic to the default 55278.

Rühmann

Post by Rühmann » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:48 pm

I want to "kidnap" this thread, because I hope ClubVueloUPM will find my question here.

Could you (ore someone else who knows ..) take a look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18540#p159903
Maybe you can help.

Thank you!