iPhone/iPad Instruments - Project

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

piopawlu

iPhone/iPad Instruments - Project

Post by piopawlu » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:49 pm

I've started working on a iOS (iPad/iPhone) instruments for Condor Soaring Simulator. It looks really promising and if everything goes as planned I should be able to release the first version in about two-three weeks + the time it takes Apple to approve it.

Right now it supports up two gauges on iPhone ( aligned horizontally or vertically ), and up to 6 on an iPad. The initial release version will have the ability to customise the panel and arrange the gauges according to the one's preferences. There will also be an EFIS control so you can have "all in one" on your iPad and later I am planning on adding map support as well.

Image Image

The screenshots you can see use graphics "borrowed" from the Free Instruments project, but this will change within the next few days as I am creating all instruments myself now. The variometer in the picture has multiple colourful needles (optional) showing normal, netto and integrator readouts.

Should you have any suggestions or questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Simicro

Re: iPhone/iPad Instruments - Project

Post by Simicro » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:35 pm

Great! :D

I am sure Ipad/Iphone users who fly Condor will appreciate!

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:47 am

piopawlu wrote:Should you have any suggestions or questions please don't hesitate to ask!
Make an Android version..!
:mrgreen:

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:11 am

Could you please explain:

- How the app will communicate with the simulator?

- When you say "map support", do you mean "PDA"?

piopawlu

Post by piopawlu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:55 am

At this moment it's one way communication only using the Condor's built in UDP protocol. For more advanced functions to work 2 way communication will need to be added so there will be a small host app running on the same machine as Condor.

I don't want to create a full featured gliding PDA at this point. I think there are a few decent solutions and I don't want to reinvent the wheel (XCSoar/LK8000). I know they are not iOS based but I can't do everything in one iteration,, possibly a data interface for an existing iOS solution later.

I would, however, like to add task info, next point course/thermal helper in the EFIS. The goal is to have the entire screen/projector as display and panel displayed on iPad and iPhone as multiple devices can be used at the same time.
Last edited by piopawlu on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piopawlu

Post by piopawlu » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:33 pm

I've been working some more over the past few evenings and below is what I have already accomplished with the EFIS. So far there's not much there, but I hope to surprise you with a few indicators that might turn out very useful! :)

Running on iPad:
and iPhone:

P. Riessner

Post by P. Riessner » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Do you go on with your project? It sounds very good :shock:
Condor-Club:
Reg: PCR
D-2859
Name: P. Riessner