Consideration

swt

Consideration

Post by swt » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:03 am

In all due respect to work of Vertigo, I am offering to substitute part of LLC team in means of registration, computing results and publishing them on web.

So, there will be need for
- tasksetter
- organization of server hosts
- maybe of another aspect I am missing from my limited POV?

I can provide FTP/email for uploading server results and/or igcs of disconnected ppl, and also for igcs of all participants, as it was in LLC.
I can make in some time raw website with registering, results publication, task distribution for hosters etc. No way to make it so nice and smooth (or even bugfree and bulletproof) in some short time, though :)

I mean in no way to step into Vertigo's way or hijack his famous work running LLC'06. Please take this as loud thinking how to help revive LLC great competition.

If anyone has anything to say tho this, or even better to participate ... let us hear it!

PS: Of course if Vertigo emerges from wherever is he now, this is closed case, but since there is NO info for quite some time, I decided to publish this ...

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:04 pm

I also think, that competetions like LLC are great for all community and we cannot stop it. Is a pitty, that there are not any ínfos about LLC and I am really afraid about Bob´s health, because I do not believe, that he did not write here any informations if he is OK.:cry: We all have a great respect to his work and nobody will criticize him, if he will not free for organizing new year of LLC of course.

It looks, that boys from SpeedBattle are preparing a new big races for all, and if not, we would to prepare something like LLC for all community, name is not important, but LLC idea is perfect. I am sure, that lot of us would help with it.

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:50 pm

So, there will be need for
- tasksetter
I can make some tasks together with my dady :-) like we do for Speedbattle
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

kaleu

Post by kaleu » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:00 pm

Hi,

of course if JJJ and SL need help I can make tasks again or help with other smaller things.
I'm really looking forward to the Speedbattle Cup(especially AATs) but I still have the hope that the LLC will start during the next month and if not I'm sure that there will be enough people who would take over the organisation, maybe at the beginning not as perfect as Bob, Steven and Björn but they had to learn their things at the beginning, too :wink: .

andreas.kippnick

Post by andreas.kippnick » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:31 am

Cadfael wrote: It looks, that boys from SpeedBattle are preparing a new big races for all
Yes we are preparing the Speedbattle Cup (SBC). Soon you will be able to register.

Andreas

Image Image Image Image Image

swt

Post by swt » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:39 am

Well, as Speedbattle Cup is in preparation it looks it might take over place of LLC. In such case I do not see practical to make another Cup ... but in case there will be need for such I am offering what I wrote in frst post ...

andreas.kippnick

Post by andreas.kippnick » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:15 am

swt wrote:I am offering what I wrote in frst post ...
If you like I have a job for you. The SBC will use SeeYou for the scoring. That's the reason that every pilot have to upload their IGCs. The upload of a file isn't a problem but I want to provide a on the fly generated map that shows the flight.

Is this something for you? Our server runs with linux including PHP5 and Perl 5.8.

Andreas

Image Image Image Image Image

GregNuspel

Post by GregNuspel » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:27 am

Good to see something is in the works for the Northern winter season :-) I'm looking forward to flying in as many as I can, with the possible rescheduling of work on Thursdays so I can fly.
--Greg Nuspel
Condor XCSoar Data