LLC feature request: turnpoints helpers removal.

mac

LLC feature request: turnpoints helpers removal.

Post by mac » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:20 pm

I was flying last week on a server that had turnpoints helpers disallowed. I found it a very interesting and challenging experience, at times (especially with turnpoints in some weird mountain places...).

There might be a reason I ignore for having them, but if not - in the line of keeping LLC close to RL flight - I would propose to disallow turnpoint helpers in LLC 2007 edition (with the exception of possible flights with the FOX, maybe...).

EA

Re: LLC feature request: turnpoints helpers removal.

Post by EA » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:09 pm

mac wrote:I was flying last week on a server that had turnpoints helpers disallowed. I found it a very interesting and challenging experience, at times (especially with turnpoints in some weird mountain places...).

There might be a reason I ignore for having them, but if not - in the line of keeping LLC close to RL flight - I would propose to disallow turnpoint helpers in LLC 2007 edition (with the exception of possible flights with the FOX, maybe...).
Great idea ! :D

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:29 pm

I can't remember the reason why we enabled them actually.. there used to be a reason, but I have no idea what it was :?:

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:38 pm

Terrible excuse Bob... :evil:

:wink:
Think positive, flaps negative.

Jan Deca

Post by Jan Deca » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:17 pm

-perhaps to see the turnpointwindows, not everyone uses the same altimetersettings. But that's a terribles excuse too. It just makes live that much easier.

-because you can't really navigate in Condor due to scenerydetail.

-I noticed that my depthview in Condor ain't that good either, but that's probably just me. :oops:

Illumina

Post by Illumina » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:39 pm

[quote="Jan Deca

-because you can't really navigate in Condor due to scenerydetail.

[quote]

I myself don't have any RL racing experience, but from other people I heard that modern competition only use rounded off coordinates. (I.e. just N 51:41.0/ E 007:59.0 instead of N 51:41.048 / E 007:59.286

That means that when a good noticable point, that normally would act as a turnpoint isn't in fact the turnpoint in the race but a certain point in the vicinity that is on such a rounded off coordinate.

Basically what I've been told is that competition flyers just look at the Ipaq till the logger starts beeping and then turn to the next turnpoint.

I've heard it from someone who also heard it at a competition so I bet there are hundreds on these forums who know better.
(at least 50% of the LLC team)

Hope it is reasonably understandeble,
ALE
It's easy being a humorist when you have an entire government working for you
-Will Rogers

Erixooon

Post by Erixooon » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:02 am

Yes, today is a logger time, however it doesn't mean that the coordinates must be rounded.

Slow_and_Low

Post by Slow_and_Low » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:39 am

We used TP helpers in LLC2006 so that also people with limited RL experience and Condor experience could find the TP's. When you do not really understand how the iPaq works, then you would not been able to fly the taks. In next LLC the experience level will be much higher, and therefore the TP helpers may be removed.