Available for testing and reviewing...

Vertigo

Available for testing and reviewing...

Post by Vertigo » Sun May 21, 2006 10:06 pm

Hi all,

I just finished coding some parts for the next llc site, and i would really appreciate if some PHP experienced coders would have a look at and test this code. Feedback on better coding practices is also welcome (being a programming noob, especially in php).

What's done:

-uploading of CSV files. Files are named after raceday and host; the most likely raceday is suggested, older racedays (only in past) can also be chosen. Todo: uploading and parsing of IGC.Can this be done automatically ? Anyone have some code for this ?

-parsing CSV and storing in temp table. Todo still: checking if CSV (IGC) is not most likely incorrect (check distance with taskdistance, filedate with racedate, etc..)

-comparing temp result table with existing results, and applying the decission matrix attached below. I would *really* appreciate you test this thoroughly. Beware, your test data in db needs a valid "status" or you will get appropriate error messages, so update test data before testing.

- Scoring dayresults, month results and overall results (automatically after each file upload). No output yet, so you have to check resuts in db.

- very rough login/remember me script (just toying with this). md5 encryption is currently disabled, to be able to log in, either register, or set password in db

Attached a zip file with the PHP code and the databast,
below the decission matrix, more info on this can be found here:
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... 0&start=45

Thx for helping,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:13 pm

Here is what it starts looking like (work in progress, lots of things to do still) :

http://2007.lowlands-cup.com/

Data comes from LLC2006 originially, but has been changed for testing (added crashes and outlanding and stuff, so don't complain about your ranking :) )

I'd like to test the CSV parsing and scoring with a lot of 'real data'. Who can supply me with a series of CSV's (patch 8) with a more or less consistent pilot list. SpeedBattle, Fredo ? Do you still have CSV's I could parse and test with ?

mac

Post by mac » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:34 pm

Vertigo wrote:Who can supply me with a series of CSV's (patch 8)
I got the same problem today: "patch 8" is what VT means...

The site looks very promising. I like the interactive graphs! :)

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:59 pm

No more need for CSVs. Bjorn still had all LLC csv's neatly stored, so Ill test with those.

Glad you like graphs.. thought they where neat too :) Ill be adding and tweaking a bunch of others of the next months. Any special requests ?

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:28 pm

graphics are great :) no real need to play about with the format. maybe randon lanscape shots of condor scenery behind the table, each time the page is refreshed.

one thought, is it possible to pull the info of who is leading each server on LLC days and display them, or if a future version of condor permitts, display the leaderboard of current servers? just an eye candy thing and no need to do it.

Great work so far :)