Nick stealing

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Tue May 16, 2006 6:21 pm

What is .listids command for? Lists IDs of all players...
And ID is number like: 3825904353...

Why not to ban by this ID?
Or it is random number, generated every time you join to game or when u're making 'new pilot'? :( That's pitty. :/
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Tue May 16, 2006 6:32 pm

so i think he didnt come over the last 2 days thats good news :)
just let it be if he fly its no problem anymore ;) and i think ID's change always
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Tue May 16, 2006 8:41 pm

Pit_R wrote:What is .listids command for? Lists IDs of all players...
And ID is number like: 3825904353...

Why not to ban by this ID?
Or it is random number, generated every time you join to game or when u're making 'new pilot'? :( That's pitty. :/
Unfortunately, its not a consistant, unique ID (although i have no idea how or why its generated)

thermal

Post by thermal » Tue May 16, 2006 8:45 pm

Pit_R wrote: ..Why not to ban by this ID?
The numbers seen on the output of the .listids command are the Race-id's generated by the Server, to uniquely relate its recorded scoring to the pilots who originally joined the simulation.
It's of no use to nail or even ban an abuser, because he/she is not interested in a score at all.

[crap deleted]
Last edited by thermal on Tue May 16, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Tue May 16, 2006 9:00 pm

thermal, you may want to reread the thread.

unless they change their minds, no development is planned for condor to accomodate any such features in the short/medium term. Priorities lay elsewhere. Furthermore, IP banning is close to useless, I have a new IP every day, and if I wanted to, 25 different IPs on the same day.

We need a way to identify a pilot, and IP is not the way. Subscribing and my proposal is one way (at least to verify someone being the "real" XX that subscribed), unique pilot ID's another (ideal for banning misbehaviour, and to make it much easier to identify someone), with both approaches being completely compatible, and ideally you'd implement both together.

thermal

Post by thermal » Tue May 16, 2006 9:50 pm

Dzjee... somehow I missed page 1 of this thread.
I will read it now. :oops:

Rereading my post I already realized it was crap, but you were so fast replying....
I'll delete the crap part to avoid confusion.
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"

Serginho

Re: To speedbattle, Fredo, glidderracing and others..

Post by Serginho » Tue May 16, 2006 11:13 pm

kippnick wrote:
Vertigo wrote: I want to include the current LLC-Useres from the beginning. Vertigo already told me that I can use the LLC user data for this purpos.
Regards
Andreas
If you include LLC's registration, i guess i will have to change my CN since when i joined LLC, i noticed that someone had registered "SD"" earlier :( But it was my CN since june of 2005! :cry:

I know its stupidly easy to create another one... but... been flying online since so long that buddies know me from that C#... :D
"In life, the more you live, more experience you get. In aviation, the more experience you get, more you live!"

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Tue May 16, 2006 11:21 pm

there won't be an easy solution for that.

Some thoughts:
- allow already registered pilots to keep their CN(s), so you could have different CN's for different competitions. New registrations should pick a unique CN not in use in any cooperating competition
-pilots should reconfirm their registration. "SD" on llc has been inactive for months, so maybe he quit flying and you could get his CN if he doesn't reconfirm his registration?
- if needed (I hope not too often) I guess we could offer to 'negotiate' CN attribution if there is a conflict..

Serginho

Post by Serginho » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:41 am

Hey Vert. Sorry i forgot where i had posted this and just found it here hehe, thats why i did not reply until now.
Anyway, we already talk about it on private. :wink:
"In life, the more you live, more experience you get. In aviation, the more experience you get, more you live!"

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:11 pm

Damn, the goodlooking pilot turned into a big smiley.. :o
Think positive, flaps negative.