Day 50

mac

Day 50

Post by mac » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:55 pm

Nice task, although I have problems everytime I have to cross a series of valleys...

However. I stalled while flying low on the top of a mountain at 1750 mts. I had not the gear down, so I "landed" like a bird on the top of a rock.

At least the view of the others was nice... ;)

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:53 pm

I was doig fine, untill my monitor froze and sound went on.
A few seconds later I heard a crash sound...
I could almost feel TK's breath in my neck, he was going fast i think.
Think positive, flaps negative.

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:10 pm

i did together whit KL verry good mor iof 120 at 25km but then i did find noting and be happy whit thez speed of 114.3
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

Cumulus7

Post by Cumulus7 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:33 pm

i tried to follow KL an JJJ, but was about 100m lower from the beginning.
Things got worse when they were able to circle over a hill, and i was too low to follow them...

Later on Condor just froze - KL an JJJ were 25km ahead by that time.

... ah well... lets hope that i can fly for real tomorrow :)

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:46 pm

It seems patch 8 introduced a new bug, where condor assigns penalty points for cloud flying, when really, there are no clouds. I will be abroad this weekend, but I just proposed to Bjorn to disable cloud flying penalties for day 50 & 51

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:50 pm

I was playing a little game at the start and it worked out - everyone except Tim (NX) started, but he rejoined me at the start sector and while we were watching each other and the weather, Tim had enough of it and started. I waited for my wingman SA to come back and we restarted about 10min later. Glide, glide... only lift was about 2m and we were zig-zagging from Cu to Cu until we came across a real booooooomer - 8m/s that took us up to 2500m in a blink of an eye. We kept a bit south of route in the hilly parts where we came across another 4-5m, but it was badly broken so it only averaged at 3-4m/s. Then to tp1 and into the mountains. First few Cu's were not good and we soon found ourselves low scratching the slopes. This is where we split as I had 100m height advantage over SA and I had to take 2x 2m/s lifts to get over to the sunny side of the mountains. There I caught a nice 4m up to 3100m and glided to tp2. I just stuck to the left side of the valley on the slopes and picking up any lift. I entered the Samedan valley with -100m FG at MC 0.0 and managed to get enough height again on the sunny slopes to finish.

One of the most intense FGs I ever had. I'd hate to land out after such a good race :roll: :D

I need another good race to snatch month's 2nd place in order to get 3rd overall. Its going to be tough :P

Tima (TSD)

Post by Tima (TSD) » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:22 am

This was my last day in LLC because i'll not be able to participate on Sunday. That's why my personal goal was to finish this task. So i flew avoiding any risks and done it. But of course with very modest result.

Pierre.v.d.Elshout

Post by Pierre.v.d.Elshout » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:27 pm

Nice task :P Flyed together with W4, but we F*cked op in the beginning. :lol: Lost 10 min +/- , But we managed to make some time well in the rest of the race. :roll:

Tooked some screens of MH:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glider-Equipment.nl

Pierre.v.d.Elshout

Post by Pierre.v.d.Elshout » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:30 pm

Others
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glider-Equipment.nl

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:08 pm

good flight for me and teamuk, nice going there people :)

I slightly messed up heading to TP1, got quarter of the way there and start to find only 1-2 m/s thermals that were 'broken'. over halfway to TP1 found a couple of 3-4m/s with a nice almost 5m/s just after TP1. Heading to TP2 was getting a little touch and go, couple of ridges which I almost didn't make, but OXO pointed out a couple of good thermals which kept me on track and above the snow :). Pushed from TP2 to about halfway and found, or rather bumped in the turbulence, I turned back into it and it developed into a nice +5m/s which enabled me to push all the way to TP3, joining up with Markjt, for a 14th place finish, which I'm very happy about :)

Final thoughts:
If this was for RL I would pack more sick bags :)

swt

Post by swt » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:47 pm

Pierre.v.d.Elshout, thanks for pictures. However, they are not really correct, as my plane is always black :twisted: , see example http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... king#26574.

Seems noone uses skins anymore- nor me, only mine black skins left installed as they slow down Condor start a lot.