patch 8

Jan Deca

patch 8

Post by Jan Deca » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:22 pm

jippie, thanks to new patch no more problems with my virusscanner. S me superhappy to fly finally in LLC.
standing there, waiting, some more waiting, no plane in front of me, little bit longer waiting.
The towplane was just standing there instead of towing me up. race starts, me still on the ground. while you guys are flying, I am going to kick myself or something :? :( :oops: 8)

Cadfael

Re: patch 8

Post by Cadfael » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:52 am

Jan Deca wrote:jippie, thanks to new patch no more problems with my virusscanner. S me superhappy to fly finally in LLC.
standing there, waiting, some more waiting, no plane in front of me, little bit longer waiting.
The towplane was just standing there instead of towing me up. race starts, me still on the ground. while you guys are flying, I am going to kick myself or something :? :( :oops: 8)
We had this bug on my server too some task before (tugs pilot was probably drinking a beer and some gliders was staying on runway), and when nothing helped (disconnect of a player, .kickGUI, stopjoin change) I solved it by restart of server... But it is a hard decision when lot of people is in the air.. Did you tried disconnect and connect again? I think will be nice if we will find a way, "what to do" in this situation... I think, that maybe could help, when FIRST player in line will try disconnect..
Last edited by Cadfael on Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jan Deca

Post by Jan Deca » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:56 am

I disconnected, but join time was over...

GR

Post by GR » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:07 am

More information regarding what was happening would help us locate the problem.
From how many players, how many tows, which tows, how many disconnects, ping time, etc. Whatever you think it might be useful.

Thanks.

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:11 am

"what to do" when it happens: I suggest if no other server slots are available for joining anymore, restart the server, enable airborne start (700m), reduce jointime to 10 minutes and adjust time of day of the flightplan to match this change (so that start line opens at the same ToD). That should get everyone in the air and able to race fairly quickly.