Claus-Dieter Zink vs Lowlands

GregNuspel

Post by GregNuspel » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:51 pm

It would be great if the pilot in some plane didn't sign a release and took him to court. I know a photographer that had to pay a stupid amount for a guy that was barely visible in the background of one of his photographs.
--Greg Nuspel
Condor XCSoar Data

swt

Post by swt » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:54 pm

Hey, lets not slip into same depths of unreasonable greed slime as others, would You?

kloudy

Post by kloudy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:21 pm

since the word is circulating around the soaring community (worldwide),
I think it is important to maintain a sense of equanimity.

There are equally passionate arguments to be made on both sides of the issue. I have sold and published some of my artistic projects and have personal experience with the matters of artistic/intellectual license.

But what can be damaging to our community is a descent into pointless and inflammatory discourse which will serve no good.

I'm mad as h*** that this matter has come to this point but under a cold unmediated statutory framework, there may be legitimate grounds for complaint.

I say unmediated because we can hope that cold, osseous legislation can eventually be translated through reasonable human conversation.

cheers

swt

Post by swt » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:31 pm

On a bit other note ...

Mr. Sebb, do You have something to do with this? Do You have something to say to this topic?

slityu

Post by slityu » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:58 am

Incredible story... I'll among donators if situation getting (even) hotter.
Tóth István, Comp. sign. : T1, Age/Weight: 48/84 better than inverted ;-)

Raz

Post by Raz » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:58 am

swt wrote:Hey, lets not slip into same depths of unreasonable greed slime as others, would You?
Same depths?

Depths such as not coding his website so no one can D/L any of his graphics?

Depths such as not imprinting his photos with the simple word "copywrited" to prevent unauthorized use?

Depths such as putting a bounty on his website in hopes of catching people who purposly use his photos for financial gain?

Depths such as using a lawyer to intimedate three individuals who have nothing to do with the issue at hand?

No, youre right, we shouldnt slip into the same depths such as our beloved Herr Zink. We are better than that.
Raz

asw22pilot

Post by asw22pilot » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:19 am

If you are going into a legal battle with this Zink guy, I would be very careful about posting private documents on the net and encouraging people to boycott the CDZ calendar.

You leave yourself open to his next claim for loss of income based on the articles posted on here and elsewhere.

my 2 Cents....

Al
www.gliderforum.com

Raz

Post by Raz » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:52 am

asw22pilot wrote:If you are going into a legal battle with this Zink guy, I would be very careful about posting private documents on the net and encouraging people to boycott the CDZ calendar.

You leave yourself open to his next claim for loss of income based on the articles posted on here and elsewhere.

my 2 Cents....

Al
www.gliderforum.com
That is true if the statements made are untrue.............however if they are true, then there is no legal standing he can make.

As far as boycotting his work, why not? He cannot sue someone because that person tells another that he shouldnt buy the product............as long as the statements he makes are true.

That is if I was to tell you shouldnt buy a certain automobile because it is unreliable. If my statement is true and I can prove it, the automaker cannot sue me.

At least, that is how it is in the US, It may be differnt in Germany.
Raz

kloudy

Post by kloudy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:25 am

that is how it is in the states, however I am learning some of the differences between ours and German law.
The"GbR" thing is interesting and problematic.
We in the states have an "Adhesion contract" which is the one of the things that is strange in a similar way.

In any case, I pledge my support to "vertigo" and his address of this matter.

My sympathies go to you, my friend.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:54 am

How will they prove that the competitors under names that got these letters from a lawyer are really them ? Anyone could be using their name.
I say - pay nothing, and let Mr. Zink spend his precious money on his expensive attorney. Let him prove everyone else is wrong. Maybe LLC does not even exist ? :lol: :wink:

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:56 am

arbo wrote:I am appalled.

Mr. Zink's actions seems out of proportion. I have faith in Vertigo's attempts to right a wrong and have therefore sent Mr. Zink this mail a few moments ago trying to stay constructive:
Thanks Arne, you put that extremely eloquently. I'm not sure if CDZ even takes time to read his emails concerning this, but if he does, its exactly those kind of messages that might make him reconsider.

Heat

Post by Heat » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:16 am

I am (too) really surprised by the actions of Mr. Zink. There's no reasonable point there, xcept sending out a clear message. But in this case the message holds information he should not be sending. Anyway, I dropped a line about this to finnish gliding forum (www.hansto.fi/purjelentoforum), mostly just asking people to check the situation out and not to buy calendars from this guy.

EDIT:

Okay, I created a paypal account, but it seems I cant transfer money to it without a valid credit card. Correct me if I'm wrong.. but seems like I'm going to need some other payment method if I am to pay my share. :o
Heaven can wait, Sky cannot

Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:42 am

Vertigo wrote: I'm not sure if CDZ even takes time to read his emails concerning this, but if he does, its exactly those kind of messages that might make him reconsider.

He did read mine, but then again i was probably one of the first, maybe he doesnt anymore

But unfortunately he did not seem likely t ochange his mind (yet). I'm thinking wether or not i will write something back.

Grüß Dich, Boris,

dazu gibt es sehr viel zu sagen und ich bitte um Verständnis,
dass ich mich kurz fasse und
dass ich keine große Lust dazu habe,
in dieser rechtlich klaren Angelegenheit
mich jetzt auch noch in eine Verteidigungsposition zu begeben,
zumal inzwischen bereits weitere Drohungen ausgesprochen werden.

Fakt ist, dass meine Urheberrechte gröblichst verletzt wurden
und ich einen Anwalt eingeschaltet habe, weil ich die
bisher geführten frustrierende Diskussionen auch in ähnlichen Fällen
und über ein so klares Thema gründlich satt habe.

Dieser Anwalt kostet Geld, und wenn ich jetzt auch noch nachgebe,
dann zahle ich sogar noch drauf.

Ich hänge zur weiteren Erklkärung noch eine mail an Herrn Baeyens an,
der sich als allein verantwortlich geoutet hat.

mit freundlichen Fliegergrüßen

vom
Claus-Dieter Zink

also, someone who is more knowledgable in German than me can tell me what Groblich means? Something like "greatly, or heavily"?

"dass meine Urheberrechte gröblichst verletzt wurden"

Because if thats what it means i fail to see how his rights were so greatly damaged by this, non profit simple banner. In fact, he could've turned this into a money maker for himself, rather than for his lawyer...
Reg-#: PH-2112
Comp-#: F3

KarlKoch

Post by KarlKoch » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:46 am

what you assume is more or less correct. Gröblich means roughly or something like that.
I do NOT care who is your daddy. As long as i am fishing here, you don't walk over the water

hitzi

Post by hitzi » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:47 am

"gröblich" means "grossly" or "heavily".

Here is a good german/english and vice verca translator: http://dict.leo.org .