Calling all UK pilots......."The Bladder-Busters"

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:29 pm

not promising anything, but I'll try to host something, but it will be starting after 8:30 GMT

terry1954

Post by terry1954 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:44 pm

Desktopsimmer,

If it could be a problem for you, and if there is any interest, then I could host something if it would help.
Terry Foster

Comp No. TF1

bluewings

Post by bluewings » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:21 pm

DS is getting a task sorted - its going to be based on the Porta-Westfalica Scenery so if you don't have it go straight to speedbattle to get it - takes less than 5 mins to download.

BW
BlueWings

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:33 am

Thanks BW for the post, I had trouble with DShelper, more User Error than the application :). Good flight last night, picking the right time to enter and leave thermals made all the difference. during the second leg, I thought 2G was going to easily win as you were 500m above me and pulling away. Next time I'll land with gear down, too many flights in the ASK13 :)

FrankHazell

Post by FrankHazell » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:22 pm

Note from 2G. Good decisions on 1st and second 2nd leg. Downfall came, literally, after the last turn point. Scratching at 370m with the wheel down and dumping water. Managed to bring it home but lost a lot of time.

Great fun :D

Frank Hazell

Reg-#: Pandora
Comp-#: 2G

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:26 pm

Just to give you all a heads up warning to download all sceneries (and patches) as I'll be hosting a task on Tuesday night, starting from about 8pm to 8:30pm. I'll be on and off TeamSpeak on Tuesday from about 7:30pm onwards.

The task could be flown in one of the following sceneries:
Slovenia
Porta-Westfalica Scenery
Flutter Scenery
West Swiss Scenery (Updated to 1.01)
Central-Colombia Scenery
Slovakia Scenery 1.05
Eastern Alps Scenery 1.1
Alpi1 V4: photoreal Alps scenery for Condor (available at http://www.postfrontal.com/condor/download01_ENG.php )

All Bladder-busters invited ;)
Last edited by desktopsimmer on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinker

Post by sinker » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:27 pm

Is there an easy way to find out which versions of which lanscapes I have installed without reading all the *.ini files in C:\Program Files\Condor\Landscapes ?
Ask for Big Bird at http://www.bggc.co.uk/

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:32 pm

You know what I don't know :oops:
It would be nice if condor could report back the active version, or a third party piece of software.

sinker

Post by sinker » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:15 pm

desktopsimmer wrote:You know what I don't know :oops:
It would be nice if condor could report back the active version, or a third party piece of software.
This is Perl to list landscapes and version (but not EasternAlps - no .ini file)

Code: Select all

$dir = "C:/Program Files/Condor/Landscapes";

foreach (grep /\.ini$/ && -r $_ ,(glob ""$dir"/*/*")) {

open(FILE, "$_") or die "Can't open $_\n";
    @f = <FILE>;
    close(FILE);

s,^.*/(.*)\.ini,$1,;
    print "$_ : ", grep (/version/i, @f);
}
PC Perl FREE from http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/?mp=1
Ask for Big Bird at http://www.bggc.co.uk/

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:41 pm

Apologises in advance, as I might not be able to make it tonight. I've got the ADSL blues at home. It can't keep a continuous link for more than 5 minutes, so hosting would be a problem. I'll try to keep you up dated, but take it as read that I will not be hosting tonight :(

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:16 pm

desktopsimmer wrote:Apologises in advance, as I might not be able to make it tonight. I've got the ADSL blues at home. It can't keep a continuous link for more than 5 minutes, so hosting would be a problem. I'll try to keep you up dated, but take it as read that I will not be hosting tonight :(
You may recall we talked online about me hosting something. I'd be willing to give it a try some time, but would probably need some assistance with DShelper, firewall settings etc.

I did put a task up which appeared in the Server's List but I couldn't connect to it, got 'Host Not Founf' message. Firewall ?

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:25 am

Hi, back on line after 3 days with interminent internet connection. when you half work from home, you don't releae how annoying it can be. Tony, if you're about monday (8pmish, on Teamspeak), I'll show you how to setup a basic server and use DSHelper.

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:24 pm

desktopsimmer wrote:Hi, back on line after 3 days with interminent internet connection. when you half work from home, you don't releae how annoying it can be. Tony, if you're about monday (8pmish, on Teamspeak), I'll show you how to setup a basic server and use DSHelper.
I don't, have a (working) headset at the moment, so may not be able to join Teamspeak. I've played around with my firewall and router and managed to host today, but without DSHelper. We can give it a try tomorrow if you want.

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:39 am

Hm, not looking good.

After successfully hosting a couple of tasks early yesterday evening, I put up another later and it was back to 'Host not found'. :twisted:

Router and firewall settings were unchanged. I'm stumped.

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:06 pm

I'll be hosting tonight 8:30pm, I might be flying. Anyone fancy K-13 Flight?

Tony, if you have hosted a server, you have to join to that router as 127.0.0.1 in the multiplayer join menu.