PC crash always when playing condor !

Quax

PC crash always when playing condor !

Post by Quax » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 pm

It´s now the second time that condor crashes ( freezes ) during an online session !!!

That´s a real big bullsh... ! Just 20 km prior TP 1 in a good flow suddenly condor frezzed ! Nothing worked anymore ! No ESC nothing ! I had to push the off button to restart my PC !

My PC isnt the worst one

P 4 3,4 GHZ with 2048 RAM !!!! What else shall I use to get it work ???
It´s very annoying when this happens and you dont know why especially dunring online gaming and collecting some LLC points !!!!!
[Image

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:51 pm

How many people where on the server and what were the pings? did you send the log file to uros/gr after the crash This is helpful to diagnose the problem. What Gfx card and other cards do you have and have you got all the latest drivers, patches and upgrades for devices and OS? Also, probably not important, what connect speeds do you have?

Raz

Post by Raz » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:43 am

Your rig is bigger than mine and I have no problems running on LLC.

What type of video card are you running?

Also check to see if your PC is not overheating. Check the fans to make sure they are turning and all the holes in the case are not plugged with dust.

Can you fly offline for the same amount of time without a crash?
Raz

Fransois

Re: PC crash always when playing condor !

Post by Fransois » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:45 am

Quax wrote:It´s now the second time that condor crashes ( freezes ) during an online session !!!

That´s a real big bullsh... ! Just 20 km prior TP 1 in a good flow suddenly condor frezzed ! Nothing worked anymore ! No ESC nothing ! I had to push the off button to restart my PC !

My PC isnt the worst one

P 4 3,4 GHZ with 2048 RAM !!!! What else shall I use to get it work ???
It´s very annoying when this happens and you dont know why especially dunring online gaming and collecting some LLC points !!!!!
I have good news for you, my laptop does the same sometimes. I have one with 3Ghz 1024 MB ram and a NVIDIA GeForce Go5700 videocard and once in the week mine freezes to.
What helped with my computer is going to setup and make the grafics more poor. Like tree density canopy reflections and think's like that.
I believe it's overheating too? Nothing helpes just shutting down the PC and play on. But.....it's very frustrating!!

SO PH-1974

Quax

Post by Quax » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:30 am

I have a Geforce 7800 GTX installed and the whole PC is just 2 month of age !

Everythiny is new and in very good condition ! Although using that high performance machine is already set up condor with low trees and now relfections and so on.

I have DSL connection and my pin was 240 with 23 players on that server.
I dont know if the failure will come if I play offline the same time !? I didnt try yet. I dont understand that ! 6 times it worked without a problem and now PC crashed again !
[Image

Ancient

Post by Ancient » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:48 pm

Philosophing about heating the proc is only bulls.... I had the same problem and all advises were nonuseful except running in windoved mode. Bug is probably in Condor.

KarlKoch

Post by KarlKoch » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:52 pm

as posted in another thread, try to reduce sound acceleration in windows to 0. It helped topsurfi.

Pierre.v.d.Elshout

Post by Pierre.v.d.Elshout » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:48 pm

Can you tell me How I reduce sound accelleration? :oops:
Glider-Equipment.nl

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:55 pm

Pierre.v.d.Elshout wrote:Can you tell me How I reduce sound accelleration? :oops:
ok i can only translate the german names but it should work:

control panel -> sounds and audio devices -> speakersettings -> advanced -> systemperformance: hardwareacceleration; set the slider to the left

Pierre.v.d.Elshout

Post by Pierre.v.d.Elshout » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:37 pm

Thanks! :wink:
Glider-Equipment.nl