What if you do not cross the departing gate

Simicro

What if you do not cross the departing gate

Post by Simicro » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:05 pm

Hi,

I read the LLC Rules in the word doc but could not determine this : what if you launch and do not start a race ?

Excuse my stupid question.

One of my friend participated to day 10. He launched with the aerotow but had to land on Lesce Bled and could not pass the departing gate. I believe it's zero points but he should appear in the results. But in fact he does not. When he landed the server was still operating.

Maybe it is due to the delay needed for the LLC team to process the results ?

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:08 pm

maybe he flew on one of the servers that crashed ? Normally yes, he should appear in the list (with zero points obviously). What is his CN ?

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:14 pm

Correct Vertigo, he was with me on one of the belgium server that crashed. His CN is OO-ZVS and he landed before the server crashed.

KarlKoch

Post by KarlKoch » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:27 pm

problem is explained by server crash. I have no result file from it and can therefore only score the people sending in their IGC file (and screenshot in case of outlanding). Sorry for that inconvenience.
I do NOT care who is your daddy. As long as i am fishing here, you don't walk over the water

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:35 pm

Ok no problem, I understand. I will see with my friend if he has an IGC file. As I said he could not pass the departing gate but could land safely at Lesce Bled. We did just wonder why he did not appear. No hurt Smile

EDIT : but normally if the server did not crash, you would be able to "see" his safe landing in the data of the server so he would not need to send IGC + screenshot. Correct ?

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:10 pm

Updated. I used my own raceresult CSV to add all pilots that had a launch that day. Obviously without IGC they will have zero points.

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:18 pm

EDIT : but normally if the server did not crash, you would be able to "see" his safe landing in the data of the server so he would not need to send IGC + screenshot. Correct ?
if it hadn't crashed, we can only know for certain if someone finished. If you don't finish, we need an ICG or screenshot or something to determine a safe outloanding.

Of course, we would be able to see he started, so indeed he would appear in the list, but with only distance recorded by the DS, and with zero points until we get an IGC/screenie.

BTW, "funky" (our webserver and also a condor server) didnt just crash, it completely rebooted. I'm suspecting a worm infection, so I'm busy patching, upgrading and checking her. Meanwhile, the site could be down from time to time..

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:00 pm

Vertigo,

Thanks for the update and clarification. From now on I will remember that whatever happens it is always good and safe to make IGC, flight track files as well as screenhots.

Now that I fly LLC I am more aware of the organization work so...many thanks to all the team.

swt

Post by swt » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:00 pm

As a good practice, I have all IGCs of my competition, regardless if I finished or not, or server crashed, I just save everytime. I recommend every one to does so, even for non-competition flights, You can always learn from Your flights in post-flight analysis. It doesnt take much space and its just two clicks. If anyone interested, I can send them for publish, though my achievements show there shouldnt be anything much interesting in them :)