Day10 briefing map

Simicro

Day10 briefing map

Post by Simicro » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:23 pm

Hi,

Did anyone notice that the map sent in the briefing was of a different kind, I mean with roads and elevation levels :wink:

mach_one_man

Post by mach_one_man » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:27 pm

Yes, lots of people are now using different map background images as the indicate the terrain height better so show objects more obviously ;)

They are avaliable - just try searching the forum - can't really remember where the threads are located for it - hence no link :roll:

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:31 pm

Ok thanks, I thought it was a "new" :wink: simulator

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:39 pm

Simicro, look on this topics. I am also using new relief, it is great for planning task...
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... c&start=15

Slow_and_Low

Post by Slow_and_Low » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:41 pm

Yes, it is a map that was made by a member of the Forum. The subject was about: difficult to see wat is high and what is low on the flightplanner.

The map is from SeeYou and used in a non zoom-out mode (pre-flight is zoom-out) it is much better (for me) than the standard Condor map.

Just rename the map to Slovenia.bmp and put it in the right directory.

It would be nice when we could have multiple maps available, and that we can select which map to use (like RL).
Maybe something for the future?

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:47 pm

Hey Machoman, (;) )
I see you only need to model the wings of the ask13?
Looks nice so far!
Think positive, flaps negative.

mach_one_man

Post by mach_one_man » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:13 pm

TimKuijpers wrote:Hey Machoman, (;) )
I see you only need to model the wings of the ask13?
Looks nice so far!
Yes that is true - and a lot of the interior and I a bit of texturing, sorting out control surfaces e.t.c. so quite a bit, but I have been very busy recently. I have been pleased though since I have only spent a few hours on it so far - even over these few months - so when I have days at christmas I hope to get this easily done and perhaps start a few more projects :)

I just thought I should put it in my avatar and see if anyone noticed, glad to see they did with less than a day after I put it on :)

Anyway, I shouldn't hijack this thread any more. So related discussion in the thread:
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=241 no official update yet with large shots - that might be a week away or whenever she has some wings :)