Speedbattle Team needs a break

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

andreas.kippnick

Speedbattle Team needs a break

Post by andreas.kippnick » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:44 pm

Hello,

After more than two years of Speedbattle 24x7, two virtual HWWs and two seasons of the SpeedBattle Cup. The SB Team has decided to stop the 24x7 Speedbattle in August 2008. Since the last SBC has finished in March 2008 we have seen that we have a lack of time to run the SB and SBC in a professional style which you expect an which we have provided in the last 30 months.

We like to say thank you to all of the pilots who have competed in SB, vHWW and SBC. It was a great time. There will be definatly no SBC08/09 and no more SB races in the near future.

Take our decision as a chance an opportunity for other competition organizer to run a cup during the winter season. If other competion makers have questions about how we have done something in the past, please use the Condor forum to post your question. We try to answer your post. We won.t answer any questions about how to run a competition send by email.

We don.t know how long the break will be, but we know that we need one. Maybe we will be back in a few months with new power and ideas to run the SB, SBC and the Soaring Paradise, maybe never.

The good news is that the download section will still be online for the next months. Also the banner service will still be online. New abnnersand downloads will be added in the future if the scenery or banner developer asks us.

Regards
Andreas & Stefan

Image Image Image Image Image

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:59 pm

What about the prizes from SBC 08 ? :) I don't care alot of it just a question :)
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

LEAN

Post by LEAN » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:20 am

Hi,
Thank you for all you've made for us.
I've made only one season of SBC, 2 of HWWs and few SB and it was always very pleasant.
Perhaps SBC was a little bit long ? (5 months ...)
Hope your break will not be too long ...
Because Condor without SB races is like a day without bread 8) :lol:

Termikk

Post by Termikk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:26 am

LEAN wrote:Hi,
Thank you for all you've made for us.
I've made only one season of SBC, 2 of HWWs and few SB and it was always very pleasant.
Perhaps SBC was a little bit long ? (5 months ...)
Hope your break will not be too long ...
Because Condor without SB races is like a day without bread 8) :lol:
Couldnt have said it better! :D

Thanks for your work!

PML

Post by 22 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:32 am

When I started with Condor, I learned on SB servers only and also I had big fun with both SBC competitions. Thank you for great work!!!!

Eugene Williams

Post by Eugene Williams » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:22 am

I just can not believe what is coming in my eyes,
but it looks like I have to face it :cry:

I have nothing to say but thankyou and I hope you will come back soon.
I remember that my first post on this forum was due to the fact that the first ever SBC task that I have flown was soooo fun,
I had to speak out for it. :D

I will never forget this, Thanks Andreas and Stefan
CN: 1EW (Yuji Kataoka)

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 am

+1 to Lean's comment - Condor without SB is like a day without bread! Thank you both for your excellent efforts.

Having just been part of the first SC I can begin to appreciate the need for you guys to take some time off.

We trust your experience will not be lost to the Condor world, and that at some time you will find the desire to host another online competition.

Until then.

H9

Dani

Post by Dani » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 am

This is a very sad moment for our community. We saw it coming that Stefke and Co felt that it was too much for them, but I thought that at least SB would last forever.

Thanks to the Speedbattle Team for their great work!

Could we somehow take over this this organization and continue it on other servers? I understand that after Marek's SC server problem, a lot of people helped him out. And tasks could be created by everyone of us? How about putting the tasks longer on the server, i.e. rotate fewer times, so we could at least keep a minimum of SB alive?

I don't know what I should fly if SB is down, because offline races are boring, and I cannot take part on races on a certain time (like Monday evening) is very difficult for me.

Dani

CN: DAW

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:10 am

A sad day for condor :( You guys set the standards that other have tried to follow. Congratulations and many thx for all the great achievements and commitments you made for us .

Good luck and thx again for all.

thermal

Post by thermal » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:52 am

Thank you... Andreas and Stefke, for the immense effort you've made for the Condor community.
Although I feared this sad message would arrive sometime, I always hoped that you had been able to automate things to an extent that would require minimal intervention and worries for you guys.

I hope you manage to keep the CCC, as the main Competition Number Registry, alive, the same as the SB central download areas.
These are invaluable and much appreciated assets for the community.
You will be remembered as pioneers of virtual soaring forever.

A winter without SBC would seem unthinkable.... I don't know what to do. :(
I don't know what to say further... Thank you.
The best of luck, and hope you guys will return some time.
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"

Jarmo K

Post by Jarmo K » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 pm

:cry: What a sad day for Condor community :cry:

And that was the whining part :wink:

Thank you Andreas and Stefke very much for these years organizing such great races and maintaining the Speedbattle page :!:

Hopefully your break is only temporary and after some time, no matter if it is months or years, you will be back stronger than ever :wink:

Once again: thank you both.

JKK

Sir_Thermal

Post by Sir_Thermal » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:58 pm

I can only echo what has been said above, many many thanks guys for all the hard work and effort you have put in :) 8)

I will really miss the SB tasks :( ..I have only been flying condor for about 3 months but love these tasks as it is nice to be able to fly them when it suits me time wise and yet have a gauge of whether I am improving or not by looking at others scores... but I can understand the need for a break ! (hopefully not to long )

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:07 pm

JJJ wrote:What about the prizes from SBC 08 ? :) I don't care alot of it just a question :)
Hmm how about a thankyou aswell !!!! :roll:

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:14 pm

tom eagles wrote:
JJJ wrote:What about the prizes from SBC 08 ? :) I don't care alot of it just a question :)
Hmm how about a thankyou aswell !!!! :roll:
That is coming

-----

THANK YOU SpeedBattle ( Andreas and Stefke ) -- I Loved the cups I was trying to improve my results like all did, it was like strong competition(s) with war and fun, with skill and luck, and after all flights we spoke like what we could do better. It did look like a real competition.

So again THANK YOU !!!

May all those years be coming with another competition. and I hope u guys come back like some already said '' Stronger, Harder, Better and with alot of fun! ''

Regards JJJ [/b]
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:39 pm

Komm, drink mall ne bier von mir auf der hahnweide...
Auf condor ist alles besser, ausgenommen das bier und aussicht. :)

Thank you all, I really appreciated all the work you guys have done!
Think positive, flaps negative.