Condor V2

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

drgonzo

Condor V2

Post by drgonzo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:55 am

Hi Pilots,

whazz about Condor V2? condor team really will release new version?
Why?
When?

Please tell me something about that...

cheers

Dr. Gonzo
Dr. Gonzo is flying OZONE Rush 3

maymar

Post by maymar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:20 pm

try to use SEARCH option on forum :)

Cadfael

Re: Condor V2

Post by Cadfael » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:07 pm

drgonzo wrote: Why?
Dr. Gonzo
good question :)

oldbeamer

Post by oldbeamer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:16 pm

I think the developers have said that V2 will have more dynamic weather conditions.

I think that it's a great way forward for the simulator. Dynamic weather will increase that feeling of being there immensely.

drgonzo

?!?!

Post by drgonzo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:51 pm

condor V1 is the ultimativ best sim...

i am happy about V1

DRG

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:57 pm

It is perfect - I believe that developers will be glad if they will read this post. But there could be some new things and possibilities, so idea of better Condor V2 is very attractive for us all although we all love Condor v1 and think, that it is one of the best sim on the world.

Jan Deca

Post by Jan Deca » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:18 pm

why don't put those new things in a patch. When their are two versions of condor some pilots will stick to V1 and other to V2. Would be more pleasant to have everybody flying the same game.

BAC

Post by BAC » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:26 pm

i agree with you
some pilots will, and some won't buy the new version, and i think it's very difficult making a server where the two versions (one with and one without dynamic weather) are combined.
I hadn't tought about that ..

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:35 pm

But on the other side, there must be a some motivation for developers, patches are free and in not possible to expect their long-time work like this. Prize of Condor is not high, update to V2 will be cheaper then full version, and I personally believe, that 95% of people, which are flying Condor every day will buy new version immediatelly, rest during some days :) - so there will not be a problem with V1 and 2 soon.
But I think this discussion is really out of topic, nobody know when will be V2 and how it will looks...

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:13 pm

I doubt there will be any compatability between the two, I have never seen game/sim where two different versions could run on the same server.. think servers normally do a 'version' check anyway. Why produce a V2.. its usually the easiest way to significantly update software & as patches are free why should a developer spend a significant amount of time (their own time in this case) without getting any reward for it. Hopefully V2 will will offer a lot more than just dynamic weather as computer hardware doesn't stand still & quite often developers can push the limits a bit more next time out as not only has the hardware improved but they see more efficient ways of doing things after the 1st release.

All of this is pure speculation but I cant imagine a V2 being in the works if its not going to be worthwhile. No doubt all will be clear sometime in the future.. but look at the new thermal model that will be in patch 9, what would Condor be like if that was how extensive everything was reworked to create V2 :D

drgonzo

Post by drgonzo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:05 pm

another 6 years and....

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Your point?

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:00 pm

I think it is a good point. We have been promised V2 for six years now. Does this FACT give you any problems? You only have to look at how little traffic there is on this forum these days to see that interest in Condor development is slowly dying away.
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:29 pm

The forum is always quiet in the summer the entry for the next big winter comp will tell you how popular Condor is. drgonzo comes here about once a year makes a pointless comment then departs for another year, a sort of annual Troll. Its true that Condor development moves at a slow pace but it is still moving & we still have a good sim to fly. I'm probably wasting my time replying to a professional pessimist though :)

Berblinger

Post by Berblinger » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Freebird wrote:we still have a good sim to fly.
+1 :D
Freebird wrote: I'm probably wasting my time replying to a professional pessimist though :)
+1 :mrgreen:

Just have a look at Microsoft Flight, canceled recently :lol: