Condor V2

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

drgonzo

Re: Condor V2

Post by drgonzo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:38 am

Freebird wrote:The forum is always quiet in the summer the entry for the next big winter comp will tell you how popular Condor is. drgonzo comes here about once a year makes a pointless comment then departs for another year, a sort of annual Troll. Its true that Condor development moves at a slow pace but it is still moving & we still have a good sim to fly. I'm probably wasting my time replying to a professional pessimist though :)
I come here only 1 time per year because of unfriendly people like YOU!

If you can not give me an answer about my opinion, than better be quiet.
Maybe my post is pointless for you, but maybe other people here are interested about new version.

And yes, Condor is superbe and i fly a lot so why you say, that i am a pessismist? And why you answer pointless posts? Nothing to do?

Go out in the sun and enjoy you life, mate !
Dr. Gonzo is flying OZONE Rush 3

Berblinger

Post by Berblinger » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 am

drgonzo wrote:... so why you say, that i am a pessismist?
The pessimist, that's not you Dr. Gonzo :lol:
Frequent users of this forum know who was meant :mrgreen:
Back to topic: Slowly I tend to question a release of V2 as well

@Gonzo: Der Berblinger fliegt Swing Mistral 6

drgonzo

Post by drgonzo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:24 am

Dr. Gonzo is flying OZONE Rush 3

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:49 am

Berblinger wrote: Back to topic: Slowly I tend to question a release of V2 as well
Does this mean you might apologise to me for some of your comments on my posts on this topic? :D
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

DiscusCSflyer

Post by DiscusCSflyer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:21 pm

It's not that Condor is a bad sim or anything like that, it's still my favourite and in my opinion the most realistic gliding sim available, but
i find it kind of sad that the developement is like it is...
there is so much potential wasted by this..
Why are the models and stuff only this and that many polygons maximum big?
I think it's not important anymore that this sim has to run on a pentium 2 pc or something like that..
I'm playing condor since many years now and there were never major changes, thanks to condor's monopoly in realistic gliding sims.

DarioP

Post by DarioP » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:43 pm

If this may help the developer developing, I want to say that I would buy a Condor2 with some consistent improvements also for 150-200$. That's the price I pay for a couple of flights at my aeroclub and with condor I fly all the winter across all the world!!

Today I saw clouds moved by the wind horizontally going across mountains and came back from the other side! Things like this remind me that I'm in a stupid simulation. I think that many improvements may be done in the physics of the atmosphere...

Flightbase

Post by Flightbase » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 am

I don`t care if it will be 100 or even 200 bucks - if condor v2 is like I expect, I will support the further development for sure.
Plus you need to get used to pay for software you use. Just brake it down to make it less painful:
average session for me 3 hours. overall flight time in condor is about 800 hours in 6 years. so I could state:
1 flight hour costs till this moment: 0,06 cent.

Come on! Winter is long ^^

greets, Nik

phercek

Post by phercek » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:25 am

This is interesting. It probably depends on how many users consider condor as a comparable substitute for real flying and how many consider it just a game. It is hard to justify high price when compared to games. It is easy to justify high price if compared to real flying. New games cost about 60. If you have a self-launcher and fly it a lot (like at least 5 hours in every 3 days) then one flight here is about 50. If aerotow is needed then it is ... probably about 130?

If people consider condor comparable to a real flight then the price should be around 100.000 for one license. But I do not think it is comparable at all.

If the resolution limitation is fixed then I'm likely to buy V2 but definitely not for 200. Depending on the other features I would consider about buying somewhere below 80. Condor will compete although with its own version 1 which is around 50 (with VAT). And with Silent Wings too (which is about 40 (probably without VAT)).

Anyway, people indicating they would buy for 200 means that maybe the price should start at 300 and slowly go down to about 40 in 3 years or so. If there ever will be any V2, that is...

sir_clive

Post by sir_clive » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Now, I, for myself, am not flying Condor much any more. It still is fun, though, but I found new hobbies too, which are even more time-consuming. :)

Nevertheless, I'd STILL be willing to pay for V2, if there will be one. I also bought PP2 even though I didn't need it, to support the development.

But I'm afraid I'd NOT be ready to pay more than what V1 costed. Even if 100-200$ is not that much if you are flying in RL, it would definitely be too much for me.

Flightbase

Post by Flightbase » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Whatever it may cost - at first it need to be released..... ;)

pekkis924

Post by pekkis924 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Cmon guys, even duke nukem forever was eventually released after 15 years of development. V2 is not even half way of that? :D

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:59 pm

pekkis924 wrote:Cmon guys, even duke nukem forever was eventually released after 15 years of development. V2 is not even half way of that? :D
Well actually it will be shortly.
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

jcomm

Post by jcomm » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:22 am

DiscusCSflyer wrote:It's not that Condor is a bad sim or anything like that, it's still my favourite and in my opinion the most realistic gliding sim available
It certainly has some interesting features, that's true, but I reinstalled silent wings and enjoy it a lot more, flight dynamics wise and also because of the almost full coverage of Europe (free) and other interesting areas of the World.

IMHO SW is still the best soaring flight simulator ;-) We're waiting for V2 there too :-(
José Oliveira
Hey you Chicks flying bricks....
Come Fly Gliders ! Be Outsiders!

sir_clive

Post by sir_clive » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:53 am

I think number of sceneries in Condor is already overwhelming. :)

I tried SilentWings once, but I found it to be inferior to Condor in all aspects. YMMV, of course, especially because I don't have any first hand experience in flying real gliders. :)

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:13 pm

But at this moment SW has 3 empty servers & Condor has 50+ with nearly 50 pilots.