Not fair

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Spoot

Re: Not fair

Post by Spoot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:52 am

I think Jubari did an exemplary job in replying. Maybe Kosmo83 is a troll, but based solely on his post, he's airing a legit gripe.
Regex: Condor being developed part time and the way the devs communicate with their community are two completely different topics, one is not an argument justifiying the other.

Exactly this, Regex. Know what you are good at, and do that; know what you are not good at and don't do that. Interaction with the Condor public about the upcoming (notice I didn't say which year) release is not their forte. I would rather have had no impending release information than what we've had.

Uros - for some of our students, shelling out $50+ and then doing so again right away, or more - I haven't seen any pricing details other than there's no plans to provide a close in time purchase of V1 with a free/discount to V2 - that can be a hardship for them.

Love Condor. Love the use of Condor for training, loved the articles that ran in the SSA magazine around that use. Love running a server for my club to get together and fly with each other over the winter months. It's a great training program, it's a great way to build and maintain relationships, it's a great way to learn the ins/outs of flight computers on the ground where it doesn't matter that your eyes aren't looking out the canopy, it's a great way to practice a maneuver with zero consequence other than a Q penalty. There is little to no end to the great that Condor brings to our community. It's a shame that the release cycle has been handled this way. It's not at all commensurate with the rest of the excellence in execution. I'm sure I'll buy V2, but I'm no longer excited about it's release.