How to convert latitude coordinates

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

petertohen

How to convert latitude coordinates

Post by petertohen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 am

I want to create tasks in Condor that replicate the tasks from a real world competition. Placing turnpoints on the map visually is difficult because the resolution of the bit map used in the flight planner is fairly low. I would like to do rough placement of the turnpoints graphically and then edit the .FPL file to set their locations exactly.

Does anyone have the formula for converting from lat/lon values (in any format) to the XY coordinate system used by Condor in the .FPL files? Based on some tinkering, it appears that the XY coordinates are relative to the scenery but I haven't come up with the way to map from one to the other.

lf there's any easier way to accomplish the end goal of replicating a real life task in Condor, please let me know.

Thanks!
https://www.condor.com/us/index.jsp

JBr

Re: How to convert latitude coordinates

Post by JBr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 am

Get the turn points from the real world competition and put them to nameofthescenery.cup file in the scenery folder. CUP file uses the same format as Naviter See You and competition organizers usually publish turn point file for download at competition website. Next time you load the scenery in the flight planner, you will see the turn points from the file and you can use them to plan your tasks.