Condor's lack of time acceleration feature

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

lshachar

Condor's lack of time acceleration feature

Post by lshachar » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Hello,
I'm a fairly new paragliding pilot, interested in soaring simulators mainly for thermaling, and figuring out everything LK8000 has to offer me.
I'm not here for the competitive side.

There are two threads in this forum (latest from 2012) that suggest there isn't time acceleration feature in Condor. (and that some of you oppose this feature.)
I am here just to make sure that this is in fact the case. please let me know if this has changed so I could buy this sim :)
If it is the case, and that's not possible - wow! I'm happy I just dodged the bullet and didn't buy Condor!
I've tested Silent Wing's demo, (which supports time acceleration) but condor is the leading soaring simulator,it supports LK8000 and I was hoping for drifting source thermals (I couldn't find a way to make a drifting source thermal in silent wings)

but flying for over a minute (let alone 5, 15 or more!) to get close to the next cloud? no way jose! that's definitely not my cup of tea!

pstrzel

Re: Condor's lack of time acceleration feature

Post by pstrzel » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Well, if learning to look for lift doesn't interest you, perhaps soaring in general isn't your cup of tea.

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm

From what I see (I've had Condor now for a few months), everything is in real time. Well, except analyzing your flight, and that can be played back up to 64x -- a 2-D map and a barograph.

There's one scenery where, as you fly along using ridge lift, looking down, there are paragliders flying (Bex ==> Rarron task in the West Swiss scenery) below at one mountain.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:20 pm

No time acceleration so looks like you can't buy Condor. Shame seeing as it's best simulator I've used when it comes to gliding.

You do have a second option with Condor though. Whilst it is still real time you can set the gliders track to get to the next thermal, turn on autopilot, trim it to the speed you wish to go and let it fly whilst you make yourself a cuppa. That's the best you'll get :D

Just remember thermals aren't always marked in Condor thus you could well fly through one if you're purely relying on Cu to mark thermals for you.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

lshachar

Post by lshachar » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Thanks guys for your comments, (welll, actually, not pstrzel. no thanks goes to you. I understand that you can start a flight already airborn in Condor. I hope you're not using that feature! if learning to wait around behind the tow plane/winching every time doesn't interest you, perhaps soaring in general isn't your cup of tea!)

Thanks paul for your suggestion... I guess If I can run condor on two different instances, I can thermal in one instance and autopilot to the next thermal on the other instance :) Kind of like playing chess against yourself!

I wish someone at condor would have listened to this cry. uh well