Use condor during winter to train for summer?

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

janjansen

Re: Use condor during winter to train for summer?

Post by janjansen » Sun May 07, 2017 11:07 pm

Paul_UK wrote: I assume you use the rotating throttle for airbrakes?
I use it for trim. You can use it for airbrakes, but really, you only need those ~once every flight. Well, maybe when starting or when trying to avoid getting sucked in to a cloud, but for those purposes, buttons works fine.

kingmaddog

Post by kingmaddog » Mon May 08, 2017 9:33 am

Bought a nice MSFF 2 for 20 euros yesterday! Will try it this evening after I bought condor! :D

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon May 08, 2017 6:44 pm

€20? If it still works, thats quite a deal. Enjoy!

kingmaddog

Post by kingmaddog » Tue May 09, 2017 9:48 am

Well it works! Did some flying yesterday, cant get a real good grip with only a few fingers on the stick (like in RL) Any tips on where to hold the stick? Or maybe any tweaks i need to make on the joystick settings?

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Tue May 09, 2017 12:42 pm

kingmaddog wrote:Well it works! Did some flying yesterday, cant get a real good grip with only a few fingers on the stick (like in RL) Any tips on where to hold the stick? Or maybe any tweaks i need to make on the joystick settings?
How you hold it, is entirely up to you. But maybe you want to decrease the "stick force simulation" slider in the input settings, so it doesnt require as much, well, force ;). Also make sure your trim works. I put the trim on my throttle slider, so it makes the stick move forward/backward, and I probably use that more than the stick itself.

kingmaddog

Post by kingmaddog » Tue May 09, 2017 12:59 pm

janjansen wrote:
kingmaddog wrote:Well it works! Did some flying yesterday, cant get a real good grip with only a few fingers on the stick (like in RL) Any tips on where to hold the stick? Or maybe any tweaks i need to make on the joystick settings?
How you hold it, is entirely up to you. But maybe you want to decrease the "stick force simulation" slider in the input settings, so it doesnt require as much, well, force ;). Also make sure your trim works. I put the trim on my throttle slider, so it makes the stick move forward/backward, and I probably use that more than the stick itself.
I use the slider as trim! Thx for the tip about the "force" will try that!

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Tue May 09, 2017 7:36 pm

One more tip; there is a sensor in the grip, that detects if you are holding the stick or not; Its at the front of the stick, i think its an optical detection. If you let go, it disables force feedback. I used to deliberately 'fool' the sensor so I could just let go of the stick, and it would maintain its position, or I could steer with two fingers holding the base. Im using past tense, because that sensor no longer works on my stick ;).

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 pm

One just arrived from ebay yesterday, and installed it this morning on a Windows 10 machine. Feels completely different from the Saitek Cyborg X I was using (and it just started getting a little flakey), and not so hard on the hand/wrist muscles as the 'X'.

FFB2 sems to work well, though I do have a question (was testing in one of the lesson modules): Any way to give it a small dead zone? I don't see a way to do it with joy.cpl. And it seems a little touchy when centered. At least the one I picked up does. For grins, I tried stalling the glider, and actually felt the buffeting through the joystick. :D
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson