Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

primitive_6

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Post by primitive_6 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:07 pm

OXO wrote:
Jan Oorthuijsen wrote:Don't forget to wake up Olympia than :mrgreen:
That one aggravated us so much that he was banned.

There is only so much abuse we can take, and when it started using up a lot of my time and affecting my motivation, there was only one solution.
:mrgreen: Yeah. He crossed the line many times. Sorry OXO but he was so funny sometimes :D
Anyway, can we have at least some details about Condor 2 ? (which directx, platforms etc)

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:19 pm

DX11 is no secret.

I have it on Windows 10, Uroš on Windows 7, not sure about the others.

Now stop asking questions.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Berblinger

Post by Berblinger » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:02 pm

primitive_6 wrote:
OXO wrote:
Jan Oorthuijsen wrote:Don't forget to wake up Olympia than :mrgreen:
That one aggravated us so much that he was banned.
Sorry OXO but he was so funny sometimes :D
I'm pretty sure, he still is with us. A reincarnation as new member or so ...

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Not
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:56 am

I saw a Poll result list for what I'll assume you'll dip into for new gliders in Condor V2?

I have one question ref V2, will the gliders from V1 be transferred across? I read that the ASK21 will eventually be released in a plane pack but that'll be for V1. Whilst I'm sure you have your reasons for doing this if V2 is an all round better package over V1 I'm not sure why people would still use V1. Whilst I really enjoy flying in V1 I would not purchase another plane pack for it if V2 is the better simulator but that's just me. So I ask the question about glider transfer as I wonder what gliders will be in the 'school' class in V2?

I'm looking forward to V2 being released and wondering what improvements there will be? Are you allowed to let on any details yet of what new features there'll be in V2?

Cheers
Paul
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:54 am

There will be no more updates or plane packs for V1.

All the development is on V2, and any new planes will be for V2.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks for the response Oxo. That's great to hear too. I look forward to the release of V2 and soaring the skies with other Condor users :mrgreen:
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

jvizzini

Post by jvizzini » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Will it be released soon?

VST

Post by VST » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:06 pm

Waiting for 2.0 has introduced one unwanted drawback. In our club, there's a bunch of fresh RL pilots who would be very eager to take part in online competitions during winter. However, none of them want to spend money on V1 with all the V2 rumours going around. So we have to fly by ourselves this winter.

phercek

Post by phercek » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:50 am

That is strange. What are towing fees in your club? I thought that Condor price is almost always less than a fee for one tow. I cannot imagine how Condor V1 can be more expensive than two tows. There is a talk about V2 for many years now. Nobody except the developers has any clue about the release date. Waiting for V2 sounds silly.

VST

Post by VST » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:59 am

Yes, I agree with you. But given that OXO hinted V2 release will be coming in a matter of months, they don't want to spend those two tows for half a winter's races.

Flightbase

Post by Flightbase » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:02 pm

VST wrote:Waiting for 2.0 has introduced one unwanted drawback. In our club, there's a bunch of fresh RL pilots who would be very eager to take part in online competitions during winter. However, none of them want to spend money on V1 with all the V2 rumours going around. So we have to fly by ourselves this winter.
They will treat the RL gliders better, if they invest a lot of work in the winter - doing service on them.

Just saying ;)
The first time you'll get a Microsoft product, that doesn't suck, will be the day they start producing vacuum cleaners.

Doggy

Post by Doggy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:50 am

VST wrote:Yes, I agree with you. But given that OXO hinted V2 release will be coming in a matter of months, they don't want to spend those two tows for half a winter's races.
as you said, in matter of months... so can't expect there are coming some winter races on V2 already. even after release it can take 1 -2 months before a first V2 competition appears. So count with me... "months" to release V2 means at least 2 or more (my personal guess is 3-4) . Add those 1-2 months for preparing a V2 competition env. and you'll find out that for next at least 3-4 (4-6) months you will be able to fly only V1 competitions. So not having the V1 you actually miss all the fun during this winter.

...just my two cents

VST

Post by VST » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Flightbase wrote: They will treat the RL gliders better, if they invest a lot of work in the winter - doing service on them.
They're doing just that. But that has nothing to do with Condor.
Doggy wrote:So not having the V1 you actually miss all the fun during this winter.
I agree.