Product updates and future support

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

ebea51

Product updates and future support

Post by ebea51 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:38 am

Greetings Condor community,

I am considering purchasing Condor. From the look of the forums and supporting websites - including Condor Club - it looks like this sim, while niche, is well supported and has an active community.

Does the sim get regular updates?
When you buy the sim, are all future updates free? (i.e. If I buy Patch15 now... will I still have access to future editions)?
Is there any word on 64bit support in the future and for upcoming Windows 10 (I don't want to buy and then have it become unsupported)?
Is there any word on a feature to support custom keybinding?

Ive tried Condor on a mates computer at the gliding club (as I am a glider pilot) and I have to say that the glider and lift modelling is the best ive come across - its gets the FEEL of gliding right! Beats my X-Plane and FSX!

Any information would be greatly appreciated before I splash +$60!!! (im in Aust).

Cheers

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Product updates and future support

Post by OXO » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:17 am

Support and updates continue.

We have a policy of not revealing future plans for features etc, but it is well known that V2 is being worked on.

Welcome to the community :D
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

ebea51

Post by ebea51 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:35 am

Will everyone who owns a copy of v1.X of Condor get an update for v2.0 (and future v2.0 patches)?

ts

Post by ts » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:06 pm

I own a copy of v1.X of Condor and would happily pay 200 Euro for an up-to-date version of Condor (high resolution graphics - oculus rift support).

My last post was in 2007, so hopefully before 2023...?

Regards tom.

HornetSk

Post by HornetSk » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:35 pm

I am too !!!!!

And Oculus Rift support (3D) please !!!! I am building my own HMD only for Condor, becose Rift is not supported. But higher resolution is not possible...I
Condor in 3D with Rift would be insane !

Didi&Anni

Post by Didi&Anni » Fri May 01, 2015 10:27 am

Hi mate.
I have it now 6 years. In the 1st year I was crazy about it. Flew over 400 000km :mrgreen: . now I'm bit relaxed :oops: . Still addicted. I had silent wings before. I tried others. It's simply the best. Thermals are great. Ridge flyiing marvellous. Wave flying outstanding. Missing are lentis. The arodynamic of ASW27 is questionable. Gets in flutter to easy. but you get used to it. I run it on XP 32 bit on an 6 years old PC 2x3 Gig hz GeForce GT220 (best grapcic card for Condor I guess). Runs still marvellous all on high. On a laptop 64bit Win 7 2x2.5Gig Hz. Runs good but visibly distance has to be just high ore medium for HD maps. By the way I'm an old wood class pilot. Grunau Baby Rhoenlerche Bergfalke 2 L-Spatz. :twisted: Buy It you will not regret. Best regards Didi&Annivolk.
So far all upgrades have been free.

Didivolk66

Post by Didivolk66 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:04 am

Hi mate
No doubt buy it :D Didi