Changing sensitivity of airbrakes

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

UlsterGliderMan

Changing sensitivity of airbrakes

Post by UlsterGliderMan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Hello

I was wondering if it is possible to tweak program files to change the sensitivity and effect that the air brakes have. I am learning to fly in an ASK21, and the closest thing to that in Condor is the ASK13. The K 21 has much better airbrakes than the K 13, and I would like to make them more like the ones in the K 21, so I can get a better feel for the aircraft whilst practicing at home.

Thanks, please help!

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Changing sensitivity of airbrakes

Post by OXO » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Sorry, that is not possible.

But I would suggest that one of the single seaters would be much more like a K21 than the K13..

Try the ASW-19..
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Tima (TSD)

Post by Tima (TSD) » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Oh OXO, i' very sorry. Mixed up 2 threads. This was not your message. Sorry again.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Tima (TSD) wrote:Oh OXO, i' very sorry. Mixed up 2 threads. This was not your message. Sorry again.

It's all fixed with the Magic Sword of The Moderator!
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

UlsterGliderMan

Post by UlsterGliderMan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:25 am

Okey Dokey, I'll stick to the ASW 28.

CBER

Post by CBER » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:31 pm

I find that the PW-5 is the closest in condor to K-21(requires PP2).

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:33 pm

CBER wrote:I find that the PW-5 is the closest in condor to K-21(requires PP2).
PP1
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

CBER

Post by CBER » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:42 pm

OXO wrote:
CBER wrote:I find that the PW-5 is the closest in condor to K-21(requires PP2).
PP1
Yup PP1. Sry
(Thought; hmmm what plane pack? Must have been club class plane pack, dont bother checking cuz im lazy :P)

P-MONKE

Post by P-MONKE » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:24 pm

UlsterGliderMan wrote:Hello

I was wondering if it is possible to tweak program files to change the sensitivity and effect that the air brakes have. I am learning to fly in an ASK21, and the closest thing to that in Condor is the ASK13. The K 21 has much better airbrakes than the K 13, and I would like to make them more like the ones in the K 21, so I can get a better feel for the aircraft whilst practicing at home.

Thanks, please help!
I learnt RL gliding in a K21 and I found that while Condor is good for some things, like thermal centring for example, the terrain detail and peripheral vision cues required for judging an accurate approach are just not sufficient. I think this is probably true of all computer sims.
At your stage (and mine for that matter) real life flying is the only way to really learn.
Have fun!

SteveK

Post by SteveK » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:11 pm

P-MONKE wrote:
UlsterGliderMan wrote:Hello

Thanks, please help!
I learnt RL gliding in a K21 and I found that while Condor is good for some things, like thermal centring for example, the terrain detail and peripheral vision cues required for judging an accurate approach are just not sufficient. I think this is probably true of all computer sims.
At your stage (and mine for that matter) real life flying is the only way to really learn.
Have fun!
The peripheral vision issue can be resolved by using a head tracking device such as "trackir" (commercial product) or so free alternatives (that use a webcam and software) to look around with head movements. Once you've flown with a good head tracking solution you won't want to go back.