Using iGlide with Condor

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

losnively

Re: Using iGlide with Condor

Post by losnively » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:58 pm

I continue to use iGlide regularly without any problems. I'm a Mac user and run Condor under Boot Camp. I recently moved to Win10 in Boot Camp, and getting iGlide to connect to it took a little more fiddling than with WinXP, but it has been working once I poked around a bit.

You're seeing data out the serial port, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're getting data onto your local WiFi, though the "Connected" status in iGlide seems to indicate it's seeing the HWSerial port WiFi connection and login. If your router has some way of showing WiFi traffic you might see if there's any traffic through the socket that's serving the Condor data. Also, I Telneted to the correct HWSerial port socket on the Windows machine to see if the Condor data was coming through that port. Initially it wasn't and I had to do some more fiddling in the HWSerial setup to get it to be served. I don't recall now what that was.

Good luck.

AlexH

Post by AlexH » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:13 pm

Thx for your replies. I will try some more troubleshooting.

antonio80

Post by antonio80 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:17 pm

i found a new detailed guide on butterfly website, just follow it step by step and will work perfectly!
http://www.air-avionics.com/air/index.p ... interfaces

the only thing that i don't like is that you can not see the task that you prepare in condor, so you need to do the same on iglide before your flying session...so enjoy

vol907

Post by vol907 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:46 am

Unfortunately, this link is blind or at least I can't find the announced documentation.

Could anyone please summarise the step by step description for a new iGlide, which does not have Wifi connection any longer but only the AIR Connect.

Thanks!

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 am

vol907 wrote:Unfortunately, this link is blind or at least I can't find the announced documentation.

Could anyone please summarise the step by step description for a new iGlide, which does not have Wifi connection any longer but only the AIR Connect.

Thanks!
I suggest the best way is ask Air Avionics

support@air-avionics.com
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

vol907

Post by vol907 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:52 pm

OXO wrote:I suggest the best way is ask Air Avionics
support@air-avionics.com
Back again, this time happy to report it works! I had contacted air avionics even before posting last time here. Yesterday I got the answer. They have a document for Simulator interfaces, but it is not accessible at their web site right now.

I am using Condor on a Windows 10 PC and iGlide on an iPad pro with ios11. What I needed to change compared to losnively's were good Howto was the following:

- HW VSP3 -> Register "Settings": only check "TCP server mode" and "Purge buffers when Port is opened"
- HW VSP3 -> Register "Virtual Serial Port": IP address "0.0.0.0"
- iGlide: password does not need to be identical to HW VSP's. I used SIMULATOR.

Good luck!

best regards
David