Using XCSoar for Android with Condor over Wifi: Setup Guide

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

WH9

Re: Using XCSoar for Android with Condor over Wifi: Setup Gu

Post by WH9 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:00 am

To all:

Did anyone ever figure out a way for Condor2Nav translator to work as originally intended for an Android device, ie. automatically load tasks and landscapes? Would any of the aftermarket sync solutions or a rapi.dll file fixer make a difference to Windows Active Sync not recognizing Android devices? (That's the error I get from C2N: Can't find rapi.dll)

I can manually drag and drop C2N generated .tsk & .plr files from computer to XCSoar on tablet connected with USB as it shows up in Windows Explorer, but, that still takes precious time at the beginning of an online multi-player task when time is already at such a premium. How totally awesome it would it be if C2N worked as intended on an Android device!

Cheers,

BH (WH9)

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 pm

You can root your Android device and use a Samba Server...

I don't want to root...
I use a file Explorer with a SMB cliënt and a cloudfolder on my server.
Manually...

michaeljc13

Post by michaeljc13 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:43 am

I am new to XCSOAR. Please can someone point me to the place in the Forum that shows you step by step how to get Condor to send to XCSoar, .Please do not use shorthand terms. I need to know how to set up XCSoar, what settings ? thanks.. Mike

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:08 am

michaeljc13

Post by michaeljc13 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 am

Hi thanks for the link. But what is the procedure for using Bluetooth. My tablet has Bluetooth but USB not working.

michaeljc13

Post by michaeljc13 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Will Bluetooth work with Condor and Android KitKat ?

EDB

Post by EDB » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:25 pm

hub4com works over WiFi. Not USB.
Why use BT if you can WiFi for free..?

michaeljc13

Post by michaeljc13 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:57 am

I want to use Bluetooth as both computers I am using (1 for Condor, 1 for instruments) will not be connected to the internet, just by crossover land cable.

EDB

Post by EDB » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:08 pm

GpsGate Client (payware)

michaeljc13

Post by michaeljc13 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks everyone. I have managed to connect my Nexus 5 phone and my tablet to condor via Bluetooth. The only glider it does not work on is a ask13 as there is no PDA output for the k13.

smithcorp

Post by smithcorp » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:15 am

Thanks very much for this thread - finally got my Condor talking to XCSoar!

dkd

Post by dkd » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 pm

In my case, the reason of the errors (59 and 1006), was the software "Check Point Endpoint Security - R73".

Right click on the yellow padlock, then choose "Stop Network Protection".

Condor + XCSoar on LG-P880 (Android) over WiFi finally connected.

marko

Post by marko » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:51 am

In my case, the reason of the errors (59 and 1006), was the home wireless router. Although all android device were working at home you just couldn't connect to them. Turns out the home wireless router had some arp table errors and only a factory reset solved the issue.
So, start xcsoar and set it up for port 4353. From your pc try to telnet to your device on port 4353 and, if it doesn't work, it's either your firewall on the pc or the wireless router.
Another way to test it it's install airdroid on your android and if you can't connect to it it's the same problem.

Callixus

Post by Callixus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:50 am

Thanks for this! Brilliant!

This worked with very little fiddling.

I am using an older (2006) Lenovo laptop running XP. I have Condor 1.1.5 loaded with a few mods for clouds, etc. I wanted to connect my Samsung Galaxy S5.

The instructions are still basically good, but yes, as one commentator noted earlier:

(1) In XCSoar, you will not find "Devices" at page 14 of the "System" setup menu system -- "Devices" has its own higher level button;
(2) You cannot just rename the "B" device as anything -- you select "TCP Port" and then select the Condor driver, and it will rename itself automatically; and
(3) You must reboot Windows after installing com0com and hub4com (which has com2tcp in it -- I got a little confused about that . . .) BEFORE you go in to ask Condor to find it. And, in my case, I had to go into Device Manager and ask it to reinstall the drivers -- first CNCA0 and then CNCB0 separately -- before I could get it all up and going. So, basically, BEFORE the "CONFIGURATION" instructions, do a reboot and go into Device Manager and look under the LPT and COM port section to see if CNCA0 and CNCB0 are working properly or if instead you have to do the reinstallation of each separately right then and there in Device Mangler.

Also, for those of us who are less computer savvy -- like me -- as another commentator said, to append the parameter for com2tcp to the "Target" field, you do have to right click on the shortcut and go under "Properties".

So now I just tried it out, using some Alps maps, and it worked very well indeed! I should be thinking about using Condor or even going soaring but this techie adventure was fun and now I'm wondering if any progress was made in using the USB cable link or Bluetooth -- just in case I get stuck in a hotel room somewhere or whatever . . .

WOW! THANKS FOR THIS!!!

thbaero

Re: Using XCSoar for Android with Condor over Wifi: Setup Guide

Post by thbaero » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:35 pm

Worked like a breeze on my Windows 10 home edition. Now I only need a decent stand for my cellphone running xcSoar. Thanks for the walk-through!