Condor tandem flying?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

eric.carden

Condor tandem flying?

Post by eric.carden » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:33 am

Hi,

Has anyone approached the development team requesting the ability to fly tandem in multi-player mode? It would be a GREAT way to do training. I enjoy working with "students" in Condor, but I've wasted HOURS (of both of our time) trying to diagnose the problem when a few seconds in the back seat would have done the trick. I've used the "replay" capability before (having the student record some flying and send me a replay), but this technique is a bit labor-intensive and not for the technically-challenged student. At a minimum would be at least the ability to assume a view from the eyes of another pilot in the "game". This wouldn't be quite as good as a true tandem-flying mode, but it would probably be easier to develop and would be a big step in the right direction. I don't even care whether a tandem glider is built or whether the view shows another pilot in the glider. I'd be totally satisfied with a way to fly the existing gliders "tandem". In fact, I'd probably PREFER it this way, since those are the gliders pilots are more likely to fly solo (train in what you fly, if possible).

In the meantime (should the development team decide to implement something like this), is there a hack/add-on out there that does something like this?

Thanks,

Eric

ybuqc

Re: Condor tandem flying?

Post by ybuqc » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:04 pm

:idea: Imagine the student in front of his computer, with a TrackIR. And the instructor in his computer with a view from the back seat with the head of the student "linked" to the TrackIR !!!
:idea: It would also require a way to display the position of rudder pedals.
:idea: And what if the joystick force feedback of the instructor is feed from the student input !!!
Those ideas would require a pretty solid network connection ;)

eric.carden

Post by eric.carden » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Will V2 include tandem flying?

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 pm

eric.carden wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 pm
No. It is on our wish list though.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

rentsch

Post by rentsch » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:26 pm

OXO wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 pm
eric.carden wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 pm
No. It is on our wish list though.
I also would like tandem capabilities...when two players in multiplayer, each can select same plane and choose a seat, then their perspective is from that seat. the pilots can then talk to each other via discord (or other).

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:22 am

Sure it could be fun for a try or for long distances but the 1 or 2 hours flight I usually do online do not make me feel like I've flown enough, so I would not want to let someone else pilot the thing in theses tasks and certainly not look at the back of a headrest during the whole flight.

About training...well, i don't know....are there that many people that know nothing about flight that start their simmers life with Condor...not sure.

Does the training last really long....once you got the basics, you wanna go on your own.....since mistakes here are harmless it does not really matter if you fly safe or not.

As far as training for RL flights ....procedures and check lists are ok but...i'll put it this way...My 14 years old son beats me on racing games any time and goes throug the streets of GTA without hitting anyone but still, I am not ready to let him drive a real car....

This is my two cents, of course, people are different and like to learn things in a different way

cvvs

Post by cvvs » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:49 am

It would be another very big advance of condor if actually we could be with someone and fly together.
I would like for training with VR.
In any case I do not fly more than VR, so realistic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrnf26u9zwhti ... u.jpg?dl=0