NetherlandsHD

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

thys

NetherlandsHD

Post by thys » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Hello,

I've installed the NetherlandsHD scenery from condor-club:

https://www.condor-club.eu/viewscenery/242/?id=302

Unfortunately I seem to have an issue where my elevators are always stuck in the fully forward position when using this scenery. Already checked my joystick but it is working fine, also working normally in other sceneries. The issue seems to be similar to this topic: viewtopic.php?t=17989

There is mentions it could be a problem with the scenery and some copy protection.

Any tips on how to investigate this problem further? Would really like to use this scenery.

Thanks!

Regards,
Thijs

arneh

Re: NetherlandsHD

Post by arneh » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:31 pm

That means there is a mismatch in the scenery from the checksum for the scenery. So either you have changed some files, missing some files or some corrupted files for the landscape. Or the scenery creator hasn't updated the checksum before release (less likely since then it wouldn't work for anyone).

thys

Post by thys » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:12 pm

So how to further troubleshoot this checksum? Where is the option to disable this feature?

Quite unfriendly to block the controls and not even display or log a warning of the why...

arneh

Post by arneh » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:05 pm

I suggest you try to redownload the scenery, and maybe contact the author if you continue having problems

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Do not install the update.

(Or at least not the .fha and .tha files)

PS
It is the anti cheat kicking in. Cheating isn't friendly either...
But here it is the landscape builder that is at fault.

thys

Post by thys » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 am

EDB wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 pm
It is the anti cheat kicking in. Cheating isn't friendly either...
Totally agree, but even cheaters would be stopped with a simple message in the game that there is some sort of mismatch in the scenery :-)

Do you have the non-updated files? I believe they are not on Condor-Club anymore.

Thanks!

MarkRebuck

Post by MarkRebuck » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:51 pm

For what it is worth:

I host nightly races (see www.gliderracing.com). Last night we introduced NetherlandsHD as a new scenery, and every single pilot got hit by this.

When I first brought up the server, everyone was getting kicked because they had "modified" scenery. Turns out I downloaded NetherlandsHD when it first came out, but never downloaded the patch. So I quickly downloaded the patch and restarted the server, and everyone was able to join. Then all the "WTF? My elevator was stuck full down!" comments came in, and one-by-one every pilot crashed out.

It would help greatly if there were at least some kind of messaging about what was going on. Worst part was that one of the pilots was someone who hosted one of the race series nearly a decade ago, before I took over. It was his first flight in 9 years. Not a good experience for him on his return to Condor!

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 pm

It's up to the scenery builder to communicate his landscape status. And up to the competition organizers to check landscapes themselves. If they are up to their standards. Anyone can upload crap to CC.

I checked 25 of 45 uploaded C2 landscapes on CC. Only a handful is up to Condor2 standards. And some of those even have some things to take note off.

The only thing I miss on CC is that there is no email when there is a landscape update. Only when there is a new landscape. I'll ask for this.

MarkRebuck

Post by MarkRebuck » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 pm

I have a hard time believing that Condor couldn't pop up a message like "It looks like your scenery has been tampered with. We're going to invoke the anti-cheating code now. If you haven't tampered with your scenery, contact the scenery developer. Maybe they forgot to update something.
We know this experience sucks, but... Thanks for flying Condor!"

It would still be a crappy message, but at least it would be *something*.

EDB

Post by EDB » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Hackers can use that info...

If landscape builders took their work serious and cheaters stopped cheating no one would have known this 'function'.

EDB

Post by EDB » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:29 pm

I asked for a landscape update message from CC, but this wont happen.

So it is up to the competition organizers to decide landscape version used and to communicate this to the participants.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:36 pm

EDB wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 pm
Hackers can use that info...

If landscape builders took their work serious and cheaters stopped cheating no one would have known this 'function'.
What exactly makes you think a hacker would notice a message but not a stick thats stuck full forward?

thys

Post by thys » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:38 pm

Anyone been in contact with the developper, or have a version that is working?

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:58 pm

I´ve downloaded NetherlandHD three times, with the same result: The pitch axis of the plane (any plane) doesn´t work.
I upgraded to the newest patch with no difference at all.

I think any of the files in Condor Club are corrupted...

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Who actually made this scenery?
This scenery is unusable due to a wrong terrain or forest hash or other corruption.
If he is not prepared to take care of a good update, this scenery should actually be removed from condorClub.
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys