Netherlands

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Andy1248

Netherlands

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 am

There is a small problem with the Netherlands scenery. A extra large object (Grob 103) at Soesterberg.

This can easily be fixed by downloading and replacing the scenery object (Netherlands.obj) with an updated obj file.

This very minor change should not affect online compatibility or require a version number change.

The file can be downloaded from my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sjXds78tp2
Condor CN = E20

wickid

Re: Netherlands

Post by wickid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:56 pm

I've got 3D modeled airports for several airports in this scenery from my personal landscape for our clubs simulator. I'm willing to provide them for inclusion in this landscape. Airports are:

Venlo
Niederrhein
Goch
Kamp Lindfort
Grefrath Nierhorst

Maybe you can contact me via PM so we can arrange something :D
PH-1504, KOE

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:09 am

Im also interested in contributing to improve the Keiheuvel airfield, as there is now a condor simulator at that club and I imagine members will like to fly from their own field. I have almost zero experience with the scenery toolkit, but I could make the hangars and buildings in Blender, as well as a few key buildings in the area (water tower, a few wind turbines and factories). Would you be able/willing to incorporate those?

Id also like to modify the tree map in the immediate vicinity of the airfield.

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 am

If you make them and tell me where they should go I'll add them and sent it to Andy.

Tree map is a bit more complicated especially on a photoreal map. I have done it on a smaller map but it is really really time consuming. I haven't tried with QGIS and the OSM data yet. I'll give that a go later.

But first I'm off to wax my clubs LS8 wings :roll:
PH-1504, KOE

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:36 am

Perhaps its better I make a small scenery specifically for the club, for pattern flying and the like. That way I finally learn how to use the toolkit.
Im not sure yet I want to rely on satellite photos, but if I do, what is the best source and how much higher resolution can I go compared to the Netherlands scenery? Is it possible (and doable) to combine satellite photos with synthetic textures?

Someone else asked for a photoreal scenery tutorial, and I concur. Is there one?

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks to 'Thermal Navigator', who spotted some minor errors in the Netherlands .cup file.

A corrected version of the file can be found here:

Condor CN = E20

Jan Bruinenberg

Post by Jan Bruinenberg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi Andy

First. Thanks for a wonderfull scenery! We fly it with pleasure

Secondly a question about Airports. We (www.zweef.nl) recently have an new Gliderfield. It s not on your map yet.
Since i dont have skills in making landscapes / airfield in landscapes......would you be so kind to add one ?

A million thanks in advance!

More detailed information about our field you can find here: https://www.rvo.nl/sites/default/files/ ... 20v2_0.pdf

And if i can contribute: I can if you wish make our clubhouse/hangar in sketchup. (otherwise i can get my hands on the drawings/sizes)
As said ....would be much appreciated!

Jan Bruinenberg

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:47 pm

Since I created this scenery Netherlands HD has been released. I would not want to compete with it.
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:34 pm

I have had a rethink. I shall have a go at an update.
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:11 pm

Jan Bruinenberg wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Hi Andy

First. Thanks for a wonderfull scenery! We fly it with pleasure

Secondly a question about Airports. We (www.zweef.nl) recently have an new Gliderfield. It s not on your map yet.
Since i dont have skills in making landscapes / airfield in landscapes......would you be so kind to add one ?

A million thanks in advance!

More detailed information about our field you can find here: https://www.rvo.nl/sites/default/files/ ... 20v2_0.pdf

And if i can contribute: I can if you wish make our clubhouse/hangar in sketchup. (otherwise i can get my hands on the drawings/sizes)
As said ....would be much appreciated!

Jan Bruinenberg
The airfield you have referred to is on the Netherlands scenery but named as 'Wieringermeer'.

The Condor Club issue of this scenery has two errors within in it.

1. Some errors in the .cup file (turn points).
2. An error with an extra large object at Soesterberg.

Both of these can cured by replacing the 'Netherlands.cup' and 'Netherlands.obj' files, which can be downloaded from here:

However I will continue with an upgrade to this scenery to include:

1. The already mentioned incorrect files.
2. Trees
3. Water effects
4. Correct Thermal map.
5. Added detail (objects on airfields)
6. Airfield upgrades already supplied by WickID and uploaded to the OXO FTP server/Netherlands Folder.

No idea how long this will take as I am currently working on the same upgrade to the yet unreleased West-UK2 scenery (currently on beta test on the same google drive). I am currently retired and over 70 and just doing this as a hobby. So I will tend to suit myself what I actually do. :D
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Well it has not taken me too long to make an upgrade. Now named 'Netherlands2'. Not yet finished, still work in progress with more water alpha and airfield detail to add.

New version:

Cup file corrected
Object File corrected
Trees added
Airport detail and objects from contributions added (Thanks WickID)
Accurate thermal map created.
Water alpha textures added.
Updated - Feb 2019 to Netherlands2 V0.90 beta

What I would like to do now is add this to my Google drive and invite Condor users to download and test the scenery. This is a one man created scenery, i.e. no big test team to check everything. So constructive feedback is required.

Comments/suggestions/problems or even abuse welcome.

EDIT 5th Feb

This beta version has been superseeded by the version 1.1 upgrade soon to be available on Condor Club.
Last edited by Andy1248 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:03 pm

I have made the scenery upgrade into a single zip which will upgrade the Condor Club issue Netherlands V1 to Netherlands V1.1.

I have uploaded the 1.1 upgrade file to Condor Club but it may be some time before it is available for download.

The single file is a 900mb 7zip file. Once unzipped (3.48gb unzipped) copy and paste into your existing Netherlands scenery.

If you are currently flying in VCC competition check with PITr before upgrading your scenery as the current competition will continue with V1 until the organisers make the change.
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:37 pm

1.1 upgrade patch now available on Condor Club, sceneries page 2

http://www.condor-club.eu/sceneries/0/?o=0&p=1
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Mt apologies to all. Because I renamed the Netherlands upgrade from Netherlands2 (beta version) to Netherlands (version 1.1), the object and airfield textures paths are incorrect. This will result in plain white objects. :oops:

I have made a small patch which will correct this, it can be downloaded from here:

Unzip and copy and overwrite the two folders (Airports and World) into your Netherlands scenery.

I will also upload to Condor Club as a V1.1 correction patch.
Condor CN = E20

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Patches:

Ideally patches should update any older version of the landscape to current release one. Same as we do with our patches and Hangar updates.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team