How can I convert V1 scenery to V2 when the "V1" is comprised of all "Photorealistic" textures/scenery?

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

jstodaro

How can I convert V1 scenery to V2 when the "V1" is comprised of all "Photorealistic" textures/scenery?

Post by jstodaro » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:14 pm

Hello Condor2 landscape developers:

I need some advice on how to convert V1 scenery to V2 when the V1 is comprised of all "Photorealistic" textures (as opposed to "Synthetic" artwork textures).

Should I just follow the instructions in chapter eight of the landscape guide (8. Converting V1 scenery for use in V2)?

Or might there be a different procedure available for general use, for converting "Photorealistic" scenery from V1 to V2?

Here are the FOLDERS and FILES comprising my current V1 "Photorealistic" scenery (NOTE: which I've already copied into my V2 folder structure):
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Airports/
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Images/
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Textures/
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/World/

C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Wurtsboro.apt
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Wurtsboro.bmp
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Wurtsboro.cup
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Wurtsboro.for
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Wurtsboro.ini (NOTE: which I've already updated with the RealTimeShading=1 variable to this file)
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Wurtsboro.obj
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Wurtsboro.tdm
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/Wurtsboro.trn
C:/Condor2/Landscapes/Wurtsboro/HeightMap.bmp

Any advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Joe
My rig: iBuyPower BB953 Gaming Desktop | i7-8700K 3.7GHz | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB| Win10 64-bit | Asus 27'' 165Hz Gaming Monitor | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack (stick, throttle, pedals) | Oculus Rift-S | Condor 2.1 | X-Plane 11

Andy1248

Re: How can I convert V1 scenery to V2 when the "V1" is comprised of all "Photorealistic" textures/scenery?

Post by Andy1248 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm

You need to follow JBr's guide on Condor 2 landscape creation to create the new 30m terrain for your scenery.

If your C1 scenery has textures already (I.e. Bmp Condor tiles) and you know the the corner georefs exactly as UTM coordinate, then you can use your C1 bmp tiles to create your new C2 scenery.

During jbr guide and using QGIS when you get to terrain clipping stage, you can enter your C1 UTM corner coordinates to create the 30m terrain exactly the same size and location as your C1 scenery.

To add your C1 textures tiles use the Condor 2 Landscape Tool just as you did with C1and create the dds files.

Airport and turning point files from C1 can be reused without any changes.

You will need to flatten each and every airfield and add any objects you want.

Hope this helps.
Condor CN = E20

jstodaro

Re: How can I convert V1 scenery to V2 when the "V1" is comprised of all "Photorealistic" textures/scenery?

Post by jstodaro » Tue May 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks, Andy. I really did try, but to no avail. Think I'll just leave it for the experts to figure out. :(

EDIT: I don't have any of the source files (e.g. C1 scenery textures), just the production landscape. Oh well.
My rig: iBuyPower BB953 Gaming Desktop | i7-8700K 3.7GHz | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB| Win10 64-bit | Asus 27'' 165Hz Gaming Monitor | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack (stick, throttle, pedals) | Oculus Rift-S | Condor 2.1 | X-Plane 11