Landscape Guide - RawToTrn tool

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Roger Lavers

Re: Landscape Guide - RawToTrn tool

Post by Roger Lavers » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:07 am

Thank you all for your assistance.
Creating an empty .txt file and renaming it didn't work, however copying a .cup file from a working scenery, renaming it and deleting all but one line of data did.

I am working on scenery of part of the New England area of NSW, Australia. I did my Gold C distance and Diamond Goal flight in 1972 in a Skylark 4 starting from Armidale Airport using winch launch. The area I'm working on includes Armidale and Glen Innes airports.

Somewhat daunting to see a beautiful blue sky with scattered cumulus and the very dark terrain that exists at this stage of my scenery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

G-ROB

Post by G-ROB » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Roger Lavers wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:46 am
Thank you for the suggestions.
I have now been able to progress to apparently being able to test the landscape, but it doesn't show up in Condor 2.
I suspect I may have already been in error when I got to page 23 of the guide and started to use the CLT Landscape Editor. My scenery appeared all black with a yellow grid. A partial screen view is attached. I was able to put Armidale airport on, or so it seemed.
I've got the same problem. I've tried using smaller file names in QGIS without success.

When I use RawToTrn, the clipped .bil file loads in but I'm not sure if loads in correctly. (See below picture)

If I complete all the other steps in the Landscape editor and include the .cup and .ini file, I am able to preview the landscape in the flight planner with the turnpoints in the correct locations but no elevation data is available. The landscape does have the .trn file included.
ZS-GLP

JBr

Post by JBr » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:34 pm

What version of the Qgis are you using?

G-ROB

Post by G-ROB » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:30 pm

JBr wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:34 pm
What version of the Qgis are you using?

I used the same version that was used in the guide - 2.18.13

My landscape falls within one UTM and manages to convert the Raw files to Trn's without memory issues
ZS-GLP