How to create mixed forests?

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

sergsk

How to create mixed forests?

Post by sergsk » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:22 am

Hi,

From reading the Landscape manual, I've got an impression that if I create overlapping coniferous and deciduous forest maps (with black being no trees) then Condor2 will generate both types of trees for those intersecting parts, but it seems that only deciduous trees are rendered there.

Am I supposed to play with "tree" colour? I mean, if I shade the intersection with say #888888 for both type of trees, I get 50/50 mix?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

--
sergsk

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: How to create mixed forests?

Post by EDB » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:51 am

For mixed you ad green color in the b AND the s forest files.

HanSchmid

Re: How to create mixed forests?

Post by HanSchmid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 am

Hi,
first of all i use the method the Jiri described in the Landscape Editor Guide. The forest in my template is a full green. The b-Forest-Map-File for the deciduous forest gets an effect "Tile Reflection" with the settings 40, 50, and 1, but ONLY the green part of the tile, or the whole tile will get the effect. Then it could happen, that you have forest at your airports. After using the tile reflection i have black parts with no forest in my deciduous foret map. For any reason i have to do that only for decidous forest, for the coniferous forest it is not necessary.

Here is an example of my forest map and the look out of the window:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not active in summertime. JK - Han Schmid