South East UK2/3 Scenery for Condor 2

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

OXO
Condor Team

Re: South East UK2 Scenery for Condor 2

Post by OXO » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:30 pm

davesalmon wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:02 pm
Have downloaded all the files again, still cannot unzip. Changing the name doesn't help, get corrupt archive message. Spent too much time on this, giving up.
Dave

You must use 7zip to open them..

https://www.7-zip.org/
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:32 pm

My advice to rename the Condor Club zip download files was incorrect. Each CC download has a 'split archive' extension (.001,. 002 etc).

As OXO has stated you need 7zip to unzip them.

The process is:

Download all the zip files to the same folder.

Using 7zip select the first (.001) file and extract.

The split archive process should then automatically unzip. 002 etc.

Move the scenery folders and files to Correctly structured Condor 2 scenery

NOTE The South East UK2 Zip files on my Google drive are normal zip files and can be unzipped individually.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Andy1248 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Condor CN = E20

davesalmon

Post by davesalmon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Some Progress. As downloaded the 001 file was called SouthEastUK2.7z(1).001. When I removed the (1) it unzipped, though 700+ errors were logged in Textures.
I now hav a SEUK folder in Landscapes, and when explored the files and folders it look similar to the other landscapes, including Scotland, which works fine. However in Condor the UKSE does not appear so cannot be selected.

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:00 pm

For the scenery to appear in Condor 2 it must be in correct structured folder called 'South East UK2'. There must also be an ini file.
Condor CN = E20

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:29 pm

You landscape guys would avoid all this grief if you used an installer setup.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:10 pm

Andy, you can use 7zip to create an exe file and the user has to then simply choose where to install. Of course it could all go wrong at that point still.....

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-7Zip-to-Cre ... excutables
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:00 pm

All these suggestions are very helpful but the reality is for a scenery designer to upload to Condor Club is that the entire scenery has to be split into chunks no larger than 1gb to meet Condor Club requirements.

This has been the cause of some of my scenery errors. I had taken files out of the chunk to reduce the size to meet the requirements and then forgot to put them back into another chunk ( this was the cause of the missing textures in Scotland 3).

Thierry is now trying to make it easier for Condor Club by using 7zip (better compression) and making a split archive in which the size of the chunks can be defined (i.e 900mb). This way no one wanting a download of a scenery is faced with downloading a single potentially very large chunk. Instead they can download a number of smaller easier managed chunks.

However this change to a split archive has caused some problems to some users in not them understanding how it works.

Ideally a number of reasonably sized downloads which are than managed by an installation tool (OXO suggestion) will then extract and create the scenery folder. Such a method may need to be created as with Condor 2 the sceneries are potentially quite large. Not sure if your suggested 7zip solution will do this, but I will have a look.

edit:- Paul - Yes 7zip will do this. I got it to create equal sized files and an extract exe file (you can even define the destination folder to extract into).

Condor Club split archive is very similar but without the exe file.

If I put another scenery on my google drive I may do it this way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Andy1248 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Condor CN = E20

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm

I had no issues d/loading from your google drive or unzipping. I only tried a quick test flight and have two things to report.

The runway at lasham has a rather large bump (launch ramp?!) near the start of the take off roll on rwy 27.

My elevator doesn't work at all. I've read this is something to do with if something has been modified but all I've done is downloaded, unzipped and installed from your google drive files. All went OK and scenery loads OK so not sure what I've done either :oops:
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:

davesalmon

Post by davesalmon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:11 am

I now have a selectable and useable South East UK2 scenery. Just seems to be one problem. Up North, certainly at Seighford and Camphill, all there seems to be is water, no topology. OK at Kirton, Hus Bos, Lasham. Perhaps something to do with those 700{+ errors 7zip logged.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:05 am

Inno installer will also do this easily, and users dont need to install 7zip.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:04 am

I'll try d/loading from CC once back from work. Hopefully that'll solve the elevator issue as it sounds like it's working for you Dave :mrgreen:

jy1

Post by jy1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Went round in circles for SEUK2 untill I followed the 7zip route - Download from CC (all files) and installed OK, but same issue with no elevator control. other controls OK. Anybody got tips for correction.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:47 pm

I'm just back home but after reading this I'll hold off d/loading from CC. I'll re-install to see if it is anything i've done.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Think I've figured it out. The Airports directory is totally empty, that'd explain the lumpy runway at Lasham?

In all my other sceneries the airports directory have files in them.

I checked my zip files and only the main zip has a directory called Airports in it however this directory is empty.

Hope this info helps.

Paul

k6chris

Post by k6chris » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi Andy - I have posted a problem elsewhere which may be linked to this scenery? When trying to fly from Parham (also Gatwick), the pitch control is pinned fully forward, which apparently is a copy protection 'thing'. Flying from Saltby on the same scenery, or from another scenery, does not give the problem? Fairly sure from trying it a few times that it is airfield specific as opposed to random. Hope you can help becasue I want to fly the Southdown ridge! Thanks for the great work in creating the scenery.