Image Image

Image Image

BIG Thank You for this addon!
Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl
Condor Sim statystyki

Jannes

Re: Utah (Nephi), USA, for C2

Post by Jannes » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Is there any other Download available as the one from condor-club.eu? I'll never get into this goddamn download queue :x :lol:

mauheb

Post by mauheb » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Jannes just pay the €12 to Condor Club ;)

Cheers,
Maurits
Maurits Hebels - (033)

phil_delaine

Post by phil_delaine » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:46 am

Horrible "take and leave" philosophy of our times.....
Join Condor Café at http://condor-velivole.eu/

Farlander

Post by Farlander » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Just curious, does the money that you pay for condor-club membership go to the content creators? Or is it for the hosting of the website in general? I don't think i'll spend 12€ a year (since it's the only option) only for the downloads if the money doesn't go to those who create these free sceneries for us, especially concidering there are way faster, cheaper file hosting sites available in that case.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:01 pm

No. We get zero...

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:32 pm

And this scenery is not autogen...

Snoman314

Post by Snoman314 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:38 pm

There are so many other ways you all could be doing this. Ever considered a patreon to pay for a Mega account, and encourage developing more maps? Or just hosting on GDrive or something? That's just off the top of my head.

rvn

Post by rvn » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 am

I'm also quite fed up with this situation. I've paid 12€ to condor-club just to not lose my mind waiting in queue at 80KiB/s, but I'd rather pay that to the developers of such sceneries. Although I can see the amount of work that went into that site, their support is atrocious for what you are paying. No response to email nor posts associated with them on this forum. No will to cooperate with anyone offering even free help. I'm disappointed.

And therefore since I have access to facilities for hosting virtually unlimited amount of data on a 10Gbit uplink with no traffic limits for few bucks a year, I've decided to do something about this.

I'm not that delusional to think anybody would be eager to switch to another ranking and competition hosting site and frankly I don't have the time to develop such thing. Although I'm more than willing to cooperate with anyone who would like to work on additional functionalities.

My idea is a simple site purely for hosting condor resources via http and private torrent tracker with possibility for direct donation to the authors of each resource via paypal or whatever is viable in this day and age... Cryptocurrencies possibly?

Site as such shall remain free for all. No premium account bullshit leeching on the work of others. If you like, you can buy me a beer the same way you will be able to support authors hosting there.

Demand is clearly there, so it's just a matter of some spare time coming my way.

Oh and thank you EDB for your good work on Nephi scenery! And all the others for that matter.

Xanix

Post by Xanix » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:09 pm

rvn wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 am
I'm also quite fed up with this situation. I've paid 12€ to condor-club just to not lose my mind waiting in queue at 80KiB/s, but I'd rather pay that to the developers of such sceneries. Although I can see the amount of work that went into that site, their support is atrocious for what you are paying. No response to email nor posts associated with them on this forum. No will to cooperate with anyone offering even free help. I'm disappointed.

And therefore since I have access to facilities for hosting virtually unlimited amount of data on a 10Gbit uplink with no traffic limits for few bucks a year, I've decided to do something about this.

I'm not that delusional to think anybody would be eager to switch to another ranking and competition hosting site and frankly I don't have the time to develop such thing. Although I'm more than willing to cooperate with anyone who would like to work on additional functionalities.

My idea is a simple site purely for hosting condor resources via http and private torrent tracker with possibility for direct donation to the authors of each resource via paypal or whatever is viable in this day and age... Cryptocurrencies possibly?

Site as such shall remain free for all. No premium account bullshit leeching on the work of others. If you like, you can buy me a beer the same way you will be able to support authors hosting there.

Demand is clearly there, so it's just a matter of some spare time coming my way.

Oh and thank you EDB for your good work on Nephi scenery! And all the others for that matter.
Sir; you deserve my congratulations… humanity is not lost! there’s still some nice and kind people here, not looking to gain something, from the work someone as given for free, to everyone...
Kind regards to all,
Xanix

prykpryk

Post by prykpryk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:35 pm

All we need is a permission from authors to allow uploading this scenery (or anything else for that matter) on other free hosting. And someone willing to upload it and share a link there. Hosting a few gigs is so cheap and easy in 2018. I don't know why there are no alternatives to condor-club which is stuck in 2006.

EDB

Post by EDB » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:01 am

Don't forget to thank WW.
He made the airports and objects.

But thanks for the kind words.

PS
I currently have no membership on Condor-Club either and also can't download other scenery. So you guys are not alone... :wink:

rvn

Post by rvn » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:56 am

prykpryk wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:35 pm
All we need is a permission from authors to allow uploading this scenery (or anything else for that matter) on other free hosting. And someone willing to upload it and share a link there. Hosting a few gigs is so cheap and easy in 2018. I don't know why there are no alternatives to condor-club which is stuck in 2006.
Sure, given the permission, anybody could do that. Torrent would be ideal... maybe archive.org might be useful in this way. Get that permission and go ahead. Hell even authors themselves could easily do that. That wasn't my point though.

My idea wasn't much about what we all (users) need, but rather what the authors need. And that is an easy and centralized way to share their "product" and the possibility of getting a reward for the work they've done for the community. Voluntary reward that is, but something is always better than nothing. Maybe there are some people willing to pay a few beers worth for the countless hours of fun they are having with these "free" sceneries or addons in general. Or maybe I'm wrong. Nobody knows, until we try.

And if anyone else would like to make this idea happen, by all means. I'd be only glad since I don't have that much time I could allocate for this project and definitely can't guarantee it'll be done anytime soon™. My reasoning for even thinking about making this site, given how much spare time I have or rather don't have, is the benefit of access to the one of the fastest internet connections in the world for practically nothing and that I do sw/hw development for living.

And for the lack of alternatives to condor-club. Maybe it could be that the condor community itself is stuck somewhere around that time also? I mean no disrespect, I'm new here after all. But maybe that's the reason I get the impression that the word "flexibility" is not much popular around here.

rvn

Post by rvn » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:00 am

EDB wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:01 am
Don't forget to thank WW.
He made the airports and objects.

But thanks for the kind words.

PS
I currently have no membership on Condor-Club either and also can't download other scenery. So you guys are not alone... :wink:
I'm sorry, my english is not that good. I meant to say "And (thanks) to all the other authors for that matter." in the last sentence :)

kharmon

Post by kharmon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:16 am

Nephi really is an excellent scenery. I am averaging about 200 fps there and it looks brilliant
8Zulu