Unable to upload FTR

Moderator: BOD1

Kessa

Unable to upload FTR

Post by Kessa » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi all,

I've tried to upload my ftr following the last CWC2019 race but I keep getting the following error message:
"Warning: Cannot read Flight Track, maybe an old version? FTR v1.0.9 and above are supported.
-1 pos=0"

Any ideas? I haven't had a problem any other night (same comp). I'm not sure if it's a one off, or whether it's something that's going to stop me capturing and being able to log tonight's FTR after the race.

(Side note - My copy of Condor was fully up to date and the race was before the recent 2.06 update was released (which I've installed in advance of tonight's race))

Thanks
Kessa
Condor Competition ID - TK2

Kessa

Re: Unable to upload FTR

Post by Kessa » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 pm

Just had problems uploading another flight plan. This time I was doing the Condor Soaring "wave" lesson and I managed to get up to just over 23,000ft (my highest flight ever :D ) so understandibly, wanted to upload this to Condor Club.

However, when I try to I get the following error:

"Warning: Task parameters are out of Condor's range. The flight plan (.FPL file) has been manually edited by the task setter or the host!"

I haven't edited it :( I literally flew the lesson, and then tried to upload the "LastFlight.ftr" file

Any ideas?

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:12 am

Your latest CWC track seems to be accepted though?
https://www.condor-club.eu/analysis/0/?res=119627

I wouldnt worry about the flight lesson FTR; these may not be regular flight plans and I doubt anyone ever considered the validation of a flight track from a flight school lesson.

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Yeah that flight uploaded fine, but the other 2 didn't (1 also being CWC which means I didn't get recognised as having even taken part or get any points for it) so there seems to be an inconsistency, hence the bug report. :wink:

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:08 pm

I've received the same error for tonight's flight... it's really getting frustrating now as I spend a couple of hours on a race and then can't do anything with the result :(

"Warning: Cannot read Flight Track, maybe an old version? FTR v1.0.9 and above are supported.
null pos=0"

I'm fully up to date with all patches and have the current Hanger update installed too.

Does anyone have ideas how to fix it? (or who I can/need to contact to get support on it - is it a Condor Club thing to fix, or a Condor Soaring team thing?)

Thanks
Kieran

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:44 pm

It looks like an upload error or a filesize problem...
On what page do you upload your FTR?
Could you share it somewhere so I could have a look?
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:55 pm

Hi.

I'm trying to upload it to here: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/besttimes/0/?id=12092

I've uploaded the FTR to Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_jHBF ... Xvkj96VBeW
Last edited by Kessa on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 am

There is a glitch in file. Condor saves position of glider 10x/second (called a "fix"). In your FTR, Condor said there are 84019 fixes, but I can find only 84018.
That's not blocking me, I try to parse and analyze fixes but an unexpected error occurs, I suspect a damaged structure. It needs heavy investigation to find the cause, I'll try to do it this week-end.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:50 am

Fantastic, thank you - I really appreciate it

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:19 am

In case it helps, I've uploaded a couple of other files here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sVt11 ... VhyCwKBY_h
(Let me know if you want any more to help with investigating)

CWC-d4: if memory serves me correctly, I think this is the one that failed originally which I mentioned at the top of this post.
CWC-d5: I think this one uploaded OK (in case that helps to have a "normal" one of mine to compare against)
HighestFligh:t this is the other flight I mentioned above which failed with a different error:
"Warning: Task parameters are out of Condor's range. The flight plan (.FPL file) has been manually edited by the task setter or the host!"

It may be that they're unrelated issues, but thought it might be helpful for you to have just in case there is any commonality between them.

Thanks again! Much appreciated.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:02 am

I cant open that flight track in condor, its not a condor club issue. You probably wont be able to open it yourself if you go to condor analyse flight and try to open it.

Since no one else is reporting this issue AFAIK, I suspect its a problem with your PC. Something may be corrupting your files. Malware altering files, or some background app preventing writes? Ive heard google drive app can cause issues, are you using that? What are you using as antivirus?

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi Jan,

Re “Something may be corrupting your files. Malware altering files, or some background app preventing writes? Ive heard google drive app can cause issues, are you using that? What are you using as antivirus?”

I have antimalware installed but actually deliberately disable it during races as it has a habit of wanting to get updates or run a scan mid race so it slows my PC right down.

I don’t have google drive app (or any other apps) installed.

I’m running AVG as antivirus and McAfee for the firewall

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Im pretty much out of ideas. You do quit the flight before uploading the FTR? If I where you, I would make a habit of going in to the analyse flight menu after your flight, see if it correctly shows your entire flight, then save the FTR under a different name. It may not solve the problem, but at least shed some more light on the issue.

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:55 pm

janjansen wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:17 pm
Im pretty much out of ideas. You do quit the flight before uploading the FTR? If I where you, I would make a habit of going in to the analyse flight menu after your flight, see if it correctly shows your entire flight, then save the FTR under a different name. It may not solve the problem, but at least shed some more light on the issue.
It happened to me, today. I flew a 100 minutes task, and was unable to upload the .ftr because of

I didn't edit the fpl, did someone else do, while I was flying?

Is there something to be done, to save the register?

BTW, flight analysis shows the flight correctly

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:19 am

Filgueiras wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:55 pm
janjansen wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:17 pm
It happened to me, today. I flew a 100 minutes task, and was unable to upload the .ftr because of

I didn't edit the fpl, did someone else do, while I was flying?

Is there something to be done, to save the register?

BTW, flight analysis shows the flight correctly
Where did you get the task from? Condor club checks if the parameters in the flightplan correspond to values you can set in Condor via the GUI. It may be that the tasksetter altered some parameter manually (via a text editor) to a value that cannot be set in the Condor GUI. Condor club will show this message if that is the case.
PH-1504, KOE