soaringeagle

dshelper/dedicated server help no task listings show or show improperly

Post by soaringeagle » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:27 pm

i posted something days ago here
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19077&p=165034#p165034
and months ago mhere
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=19000
i since tried to use dshelper, and that only made things worse

to recap.: i was using both the client and dedicated server just fine months ago, untill it suddenly stoped working. (my ip changed i think) (the latest speculation is that condor club has that ip blocked?) i set up port forwarding all over again, and using the dedicated server, or the multiplayer mode hosting i get a 'partial listing" as seen here
condor.png
in the router I have these (2 dedicated servers 1 ids for multiplayer hosting)
port.png
in condor club listing with dshelper running i only see the multiplayer hosted 1... but only the 'prtial listing'" as seen above. no ma, no task details.
anything i try hosting with dshelper doesn't show at all
but no matter how i try it... the best i can get is this partial listing which the server crawler never really connects to. and as far as i know nobody can conect to the servers/client
i'm very frustrated this has gone on for months
we got an upgraded service so new router, new ip.. and it still is not working

update; just noticed the multiplayer hosted 1 disappears out of the server list despite it still running
i'm guessing its only establishing a 1 way connection?

update2: does dshelper only work with condor 1 dedicated servers? that maybe a big part of the problem
it needs an option when creating dedicated servers to create a c2 server

udate 3 even more confusing! i can connect by clicking the dedicated server address in the condor club list, despite the listing not showing correctly. i'm not suposed to be able to connect to a dedicated server running on the same machine
what the hecks going on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.freedomswings.org Freedoms Wings International Soaring For People With Disabilities

soaringeagle

Re: dshelper/dedicated server help no task listings show or show improperly

Post by soaringeagle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:07 pm

does anyone ever reply to these/ its been almost month
http://www.freedomswings.org Freedoms Wings International Soaring For People With Disabilities

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:24 pm

Summer holiday. Most of us in the northern hemisphere are flying IRL.
PH-1504, KOE

soaringeagle

Post by soaringeagle » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:32 pm

trump is nonstop golfing where we fly grounding us 9 out oif 10 weeks all season
so not getting enough irl flight time in

soaringeagle

Post by soaringeagle » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:18 pm

been a month, and still nobody has any idea how to fix it?

mada2000

Post by mada2000 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:02 pm

Your correspondence with janjansen shows everything. It must work!!!
but first of all you have to check what janjansen mentioned " This isnt a port forwarding issue, its a routing issue, most ISPs will not route your public IP back to your machine from your machine." and it doesn't matter that it worked - just ask your internet provider - maybe they changed configuration. I have to pay an extra money a month to get such functionality from my ISP provider (static external IP)
BTW - you have got strange pool of internal IP addresses. Of course it shouldn't have a matter but why you do not start them from 192.168.. etc

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:26 pm

i do use webroot secure anywhere could that be te cause?
Turn it off temporarily.

Your server IP indeed looks strange. 10.0.0.138? Isn't that a default gateway IP?
https://www.cleancss.com/router-default/10.0.0.138

Did you set that IP Manually or via DHCP? If the latter, make your Condor server IP fixed.

Latest DSHelper :
viewtopic.php?p=164802#p164802

soaringeagle

Post by soaringeagle » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:39 am

so i'm confused
i know i shouldnt be able to connect to my server on my ip, but shouldn't thelistings show up properly on the website?
when i use the multiplayer mode instead of just the dedicated server i used to see 'server crawler connected' i never see that anymore
i do believe you it is a routing issue but whhy did it work before then suddenly stop
i was never on a static ip
and it used to work properly

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:58 am

Which router/modem do you use?
I don't think port forwarding to 10.0.0138 is correct...

You should forward to the Condor server. Not to the Gateway.

Check the IP of the Condor server in the modem. Forward to that IP and if set by DHCP, make it a fixed IP.

Most Private LANs get a 16-bit block range by DHCP. (192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

If forwarding is wrong, external computers (incomming traffic) can not connect to the Condor server. They are sent the wrong way. That has nothing to do with your outgoing traffic.

People that want to connect to the Condor server are connected to your external IP. Your router then should direct (port forward) this traffic from your router to your Condor server on your private lan. It's your job to do that correctly. If you sent them to the gateway... They will never connect to the server.

If you have uPnP enabled in your modem (risky) and host from Condor MP with uPnP enabled you can let the modem/router do it for you. But the forwarding roules are removed again when the server is stopped. This is for security reasons, but also for switching IP's that could fill up the routers with tons of unused rules. With every extra rule an extra security breach...

Because of the security risks. uPnP is turned off by default in modern routers. So you have to turn it on manually.

If you want to use uPnP on the same ports as the ones already falsly set in Port forwarding... I don't think your router will overrule manual port forwarding rules... Even if they are incorrect.

So check your server IP, make it fixed and set correct port forwarding rules to your server IP.

soaringeagle

Post by soaringeagle » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:18 pm

i'll see what i can do, ive been on with their tech support so many times
its an xfinity router one of the newer ones
but we have had the issue on 2 or more
and it used to work on the old router then suddenly stopped one day, many months ago
it looks to me like the port forwarding is set up to forward to my pc on the network and has a reserved ip 192.168.1.138

soaringeagle

Post by soaringeagle » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:22 pm

also note these images are from the old router, like i said i posted this a long time ago while waiting for a response we upgraded our service have a new router new ip and its set up diferently
ports.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EDB

Post by EDB » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Maybe ask a neighbour to help you. It's not rocket science.

soaringeagle

Post by soaringeagle » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 pm

well ive been on with tech support so many times
they keep telling me as far as they can tell its set up correctly
all their info seems straight forward, select the device, add the port, save, and thats it
i do that and the server does show up in the list but minus the map and task info and the server crawler never connects

i'm starting to think the server crawler itself maybe blocked since everything else seems correct

as soon as i find the power cord for my old laptop that has c1 on it i'll do some diagnostics on that...just to be thorough
the condor developer suggested even reinstalling but i can't find the install file (what is the install file name i can't even find the email from when i bought it)
could a corrupt file be the cause?

EDB

Post by EDB » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:03 pm

So,

Outgoing traffic works.
Incoming traffic doesn't.

Incoming is to your external IP. From there to your server on your private LAN... You control this in your router/modem (port forwarding)

Can your router set forwarding rules automatically? Yes, most can with uPnP. But uPnP is off by default usually in modern routers. Is using uPnP the best way to do it? No. Manually with fixed IP's and manual forwarding rules will work always. UPnP not...

What can block traffic? A firewall incoming blocking rule in the router or on the server...

It's nothing more then that.

mada2000

Post by mada2000 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:06 pm

to simplify 😊
Plese open in Internet browser on your computer (condor's server) address: https://www.cleancss.com/router-default/10.0.0.138 you will see your internal ip address (pict1) . Then plese type this IP (probably 192.168.1.138 or something like that) instead of 10.0.0.138
The same repeat on your second condor server, unless it is the same machine. If so just delete second row and typy in first row "end port " 56279
Hope it will help 😎