External view commands in Condor 2.0

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

T-bone Tom

External view commands in Condor 2.0

Post by T-bone Tom » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm

First, let me state that I'm a beginner and I love this flight simulator.
I'm in the process of filtering thru and learning about it and some of the keyboard commands. I just got my Condor Key Pad and have to ask:
Why so many different external views?
I understand external view and cockpit view but don't see what the uses are for chase view, tower view, tow plane view, or flyby view.
Also, I don't understand the cruise/ climb and I can't seem to get the PDA zoom - and zoom + to function. They just take me to a different screen and I can do that with the M on the keyboard. ???

One last thing, what is the significance of the yellow hash marked arc behind the turning points? Is that some kind of no fly penalty zone?

Thanks again for all your help and please, try not to laugh at me to hard :wink: ;)
T-bone Tom

janjansen

Re: External view commands in Condor 2.0

Post by janjansen » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:36 am

T-bone Tom wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm

I'm in the process of filtering thru and learning about it and some of the keyboard commands. I just got my Condor Key Pad and have to ask:
Why so many different external views?
Why not ? :)
We like looking at our glider and its useful for moviemakes.
Also, I don't understand the cruise/ climb
In cruise mode the vario indicates if you should speed up or slow down to fly the theoretical optimal speed to fly (calculated using the McCready setting, current lift/sink, plane polar,..). In Europe this is often called solfart. Depending on your background in soaring, you may need to brush up on your McReady theory first.

In climb mode its just a vertical speed indicator, although it compensates for airspeed changes in most (modern) gliders.
and I can't seem to get the PDA zoom - and zoom + to function.
Only works on some PDA screens, like the map
They just take me to a different screen and I can do that with the M on the keyboard. ???
hmm? That sounds like the "PDA next screen" function, not zoom.
One last thing, what is the significance of the yellow hash marked arc behind the turning points? Is that some kind of no fly penalty zone?
Thats the turning point sector. Fly anywhere through that sector to complete that turning point.

T-bone Tom

Re: External view commands in Condor 2.0

Post by T-bone Tom » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:10 am

Thanks for the replies jJanjansen.
I appreciate it.
The cruise mode actually sounds like a great option.
But the PDA zoom + and - are pre-programmed on the new Condor keypad ???
Anyway, I'll figure it out with what help you've already given me.
Thanks again. I love this group.